KevinAllen

Universal Studios Tunnel

Though it's a bit out of date -- still has "projected opening date" for SV New Hampshire, which has been open for a few weeks. So maybe "projected opening" for Universal Studios is also outdated?

Spoke with SkyVenture a couple of weeks ago - they've had a few delays. Optimistically, they're hoping for around Thanksgiving, but realistically, they're thinking more like Christmas.

In spite of delays, it'll be nice to have a tunnel closer to L.A. than Perris, eh? :)
Signatures are the new black.

The all glass flight chamber will be very similar to the one being constructed in Hollywood. Im sure that with the tunnel being located in a huge tourist area, this tunnel will incorperate the same type of "street level" flight chamber that the Hollywood tunnel will have. This allows everyone walking past the facility to walk right up to the glass flight chamber and observe from outside of the actual facitlity. I've heard differnet SV corperate people mention this stuff about the Hollywood tunnel while they were out at SV Colorado.

'20 minute classes instead of 1/2 and 1 hour blocks..... ' is aimed at whuffos. SV or Airkix in the UK has been incredible succesful targeting none skydivers and sells most of its time, particularly at weekends, in 20 minute blocks like this. An hours is divided in two with up to 10 people per session with 2 minutes per person plus a bit of time for the instructor to show off his or her moves.

The all glass flight chamber will be very similar to the one being constructed in Hollywood. Im sure that with the tunnel being located in a huge tourist area, this tunnel will incorperate the same type of "street level" flight chamber that the Hollywood tunnel will have. This allows everyone walking past the facility to walk right up to the glass flight chamber and observe from outside of the actual facitlity. I've heard differnet SV corperate people mention this stuff about the Hollywood tunnel while they were out at SV Colorado.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but just to clarify, I was under the impression that the Skyventure Universal tunnel is in fact the 'Hollywood' tunnel (in spite of Universal being closer to Studio City than Hollywood, hey, if you're a tourist, you don't really know). 'SV Hollywood' just has more of a name to it than 'SV Universal'.

And just for further speculation, I'll relay what I've heard (as others have done), that the Universal tunnel will be very touristy (obvious, given the location at Universal Citiwalk)...and as freakfly24 mentioned, the flight chamber is supposed to be visible to passers-by. Better for marketing, and such.