fireemt97

Anybody hear about a tunnel opening in Union City, CA soon

I though a few months ago in Skydiving news magazine I read something about a tunnel opening in Union City, CA eventually. Has anybody heard about this and have any details? For those of you that do not know that is in the Bay Area. I was wondering because I would love to get tunnel time but the nearest one is at Perris. I have not heard or seen anything since reading the article. Who knows, maybe I drank too much when I was reading. (JK) If it was just my imagination just tell me I'm crazy. Any info would be great.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

SkyVenture is indeed coming to the SF Bay Area! Delays are inevitable in a project of this magnitude, but let me assure you, we are as anxious as anyone to get the tunnel up and running! Our current schedule puts our opening date in April of 2007. As construction progresses, we'll be updating the web site with photos and sending out email newsletters.

Thanks to everyone for your support and patience!

Here's the email newsletter I got today, you can sign up for it here:

Hello everyone!

It's been a long road, but we're exstatic to inform you all that construction is in progress! As of August 8, 2006, the official groundbreaking, preparations are underway to begin excavation, followed by the foundation work. Much of the tunnel equipment has been manufactured and will be shipped as soon as we are ready.

As with any project of this magnitude, delays are inevitable. That being said, our new scheduled opening is slated for April 2007. Of course, we at SkyVenture Silicon Valley are as excited as anyone to greet our first customers, and are pushing hard to deliver on time.

We're keeping the web site up to date with global SkyVenture news stories and will continually provide updates on our construction progress. Also, please check out our new gallery for construction photos. Finally, for those that haven't seen our new tunnel animation, visit it here (flash required).

For those of you interested in positions at SkyVenture, we'll continue to keep your names on a special email list, and will be notifying you all when we are ready to begin accepting resumes.

Thanks for your continued interest in SkyVenture!
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative