body_pilot

Skyventure Arizona Promo Video

Nice video. Is this being used as an advertisement for SVAZ as the OP implies? If so, I can't help but wonder if the copyright holder of the song has received compensation for it's use. Surely they (SVAZ) can afford it.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Oh Christ..........:S, Didn't realize Seal's Manager was checking DZ.com threads....

Feel free to be flippant about it, but it irks me what an organization the size of SVAZ/SDAZ can't be bothered to pay for the use of an artists work.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Oh Christ..........:S, Didn't realize Seal's Manager was checking DZ.com threads....

Feel free to be flippant about it, but it irks me what an organization the size of SVAZ/SDAZ can't be bothered to pay for the use of an artists work.

The way it sounds from the OP is that SDAZ didn't produce the clip but rather the OP put it together. In which case securing the legal use of the music is the responsibility of the person/company producing the work. Tandem vidiots and the guys who do weddings run into this issue all the time.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The way it sounds from the OP is that SDAZ didn't produce the clip but rather the OP put it together. In which case securing the legal use of the music is the responsibility of the person/company producing the work. Tandem vidiots and the guys who do weddings run into this issue all the time.

First let me say that I incorrectly assumed that the OP was producing the video for hire. I was recently informed that this is incorrect and that the OP made the video on his own, independent of SVAZ.

That said, you are correct. The OP would be responsible for securing the rights to the music. In this case, IF he were producing the video for hire (again, which he was not), the cost of securing the rights would be passed on to the client, who would have to be willing to pay that cost. I don't think I'm going out on a limb thinking that not many clients would be willing to do so.