Acoisa

Skyventure Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing some tunnel time before I start my AFF in Oz in November. Since Kuala Lumpur is on the way I would like to go to their wind tunnel. I searched the forum and read that they have a decent tunnel but are entertainment orientated.... Can the wind tunnel there be recommended for an absolute beginner trying to learn aff basic skills?

It's been a while, since I last flew in Genting, but I remember a retired Air Force Captain who was there with some AFF-Students. I've attached a scan of his business card.
The easiest is probably to call the guys at the tunnel. If they can't provide AFF-specific coaching themselves, I'm sure they can hook you up with someone who can...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

Hey there,

I've been there a few times and plan on taking anothe trip in October this year. I usually go with novice skydivers and we do basic freefall drills. The tunnel is perfect for solo and 2-way flying. The design is that of SV Orlando and the tunnel has the original 850HP fans on still. That and the fact that it is about 6000ft above sea level means that you cannot do 4-way in there nor can you freefly. For novice skydivers it is the perfect training tool, specifically due to cost. Expert jumpers would also have fun playing around in there.

Ok, that said, you may find it tough to find someone to help you with AFF specific learning. 2 of the instructors there (Nizam and Hasleyzam) are brilliant guys and will help you as much as you want but you wont get the same foused learning that you would from the Europe or US based tunnel instructors. You mey get lucky and happen across an experienced jumper while you are there who can help you out. All that being said if you bust out an hour or two of whatever with whoever you will be well prepped for you AFF. An hour int here will cost you probably as much as 15 min in a US tunnel so milk it!

If you need other info such as where to stay etc just give me a shout.

later,
Alex

If you do nothing AFF specific in the tunnel, you still will learn what you need to learn to make your AFF go great. If you learn to fall straight and relax, your AFF instructors can add the easy AFF stuff once you get to the DZ... Don't worry about it, just fly and have fun. Tell the tunnel instuctors you just want to get really comfortable flying and you want to be a skydiver...