jdlm2004

AFF Training

I am a returning student. I had 7 AFF jumps and last jumped in 1993. I am interested in training in the Perris Tunnel.

My question is;

What should I practice and for how many minutes? Is there special AFF instruction or lessons at the wind tunnel?

I think you should find a coach and work on basic RW (belly flying) skills.

Body Position (something "sporty" - not typical AFF)
Range of Motion (learning how to fly with your arms in different spots)
Turns - start easy - move to leg turns
Forward/Back
Fall rate
Side Slides

The amount of time you spend will be determined by your wallet and how quickly you learn/how good your coach teaches. Also, everything you learn now will be useful when you are off AFF - so make sure you get a good RW coach to teach you, as you should be working towards great flying skills.

Jumpnaked69 and I coached a guy with no freefall jumps in the tunnel. We worked on advanced body positions in the tunnel. We went to Florida on spring break, and he flew something closer to Mantis than Boxman for his AFF dives and his instructors combined levels because he was able to do the learning objectives of more than one level at a time.

On his second jump after AFF - we turned 19 points in a 4way (50 seconds working time), and he had all the outfacing moves on the formations. Needless to say, his AFF went well too - and his instructors respected the fact he was doing more advanced turns/body positions.

Show up at the Perris wind tunnel and say, " I am a returning student. I had 7 AFF jumps and last jumped in 1993. I am interested in training to complete the AFF course. What should I practice and for how many minutes? Is there special AFF instruction or lessons here that can help me achieve that goal?"

Good luck and have fun.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.