tunnelfly

China's first recreational wind tunnel

Is this the one that will be larger than Bedford or is that one really military?

That thing looks huge but they say only 3-5 simultaneous flyers, can that be right? Seems like we could squeeze way more in there than that ;)

THANK YOU for the post, those pics are great!

Ahhhh, just read the rest of the thread you started. 12 or so feet and 111mph [:/] That's slow even for tiny people like me! Who cares, it's another tunnel to put on the list of must visit. If you get there before I do, take pics and share ;):)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

It appears in that video that the tunnel staff was contributing to causing those "spots" more than they were preventing them. Wonder if they created their own training program.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

:)Im living in Beijing, China and and is not easy to find a DZ here (Beijing is restricted now for airspace control and they only jump in Henan Province but not frequently) and because I didnt bring my gear with me,Im just doing wind tunnel training located in Mianyang , Sichuan province, as far as 2:30Hrs flight from Beijing, which its part of the "Mianyang science and technology museum" and the wind tunnel part is open to everybody which is nice not crowded and everybody can go, made for entretainment, while the museum part is being restored see below: click
www.mtkg.cn/readnewsnew.asp?ArticleID=366
and
http://www.wingchina.com/cn/vertical%20wind%20tunnel.htm?jdfwkey=cztin
so if any of you want to jump in China but no success finding a DZ , dont miss this place, you can go there at least to keep your body fix for freefly or fix some minor problems with your bellyflight, with few minutes of training, and is not expensive at all as many wind tunnels around the world are, and I think not many skydivers know about this wind tunnel which is unknown for skydivers comunity. I was there on 19OCT09 and have a lot of fun,chinese people who work there are very nice(they dont speak english very well, but is ok) , if you want to look around see the place in Google earth at latitud 31 29' 01.75" N and longitud 104 46' 08.35"E . I tell you it worth it, so while is not DZ found I better do it than nothing...
best regards ;)

I got a very good deal from Andy it was 1hr for RMB 2600(Andy is the manager of the wind tunnel), and I stayed in Mianzhou kaiyuan hotel which is very near to the Mianyang science and technolgy museum and you can even walk from the hotel to the wind tunnel, I hope it work for you too, me only 67 jumps and while Iwas not jumping here in China I did it to keep myself trainning and get some skills in bellyfly(turns-sideslide, up, down, so on) I tried backfly but it was difficult to learned in only one time, so Im planning to hit the wind tunnel again shortly
best regards:)

Thanks a lot. I called those guys yesterday and I was able to get a similar deal (they seemed to be very happy having lao wai skydivers coming over).

I have 50+ jumps but 13+ hrs of tunnel time, so I should be fine. I have the same reason why to go there - just want to fly for one or two hours each month to keep in shape. Send me a message if you are planning to go, we can do some 2-way and share time if you want.

:)http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/MDForum-viewtopic-t-88971.phtml )
" ...if we are really skydivers (Im still in a nest [:/])is our job find the right place in China now that we are living here and let the right info to others skydivers who will come like us and make this sport grow faster and enjoyable everywhere we go..."
then was best thing to do is already said: Wind tunnel....In the other hand Im planning to go either nov or dec, I will let you know as soon as my job allow me to go then we can hit each other as a novice always does LOL:S or you can teach me some, I will send you PM when just let me adjust my time
best regards

i don't really care about the size or the power but tunnel staff are really horrible.
can't walk, can't spot, and probably sucks hard at flying as well.

and why so much power when student can't even fly stable????

i see broken neck in the future, cuz none of these cats will be able to spot head down against the glass coming down from the top.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

i don't really care about the size or the power but tunnel staff are really horrible.
can't walk, can't spot, and probably sucks hard at flying as well.

and why so much power when student can't even fly stable????

i see broken neck in the future, cuz none of these cats will be able to spot head down against the glass coming down from the top.

Let's check the place first to see how the things are going. Chinese attitude to safety is in many cases very - ehm - Chinese (yeah, been living here for some time), but I would like to make my own opinion. I'm a pretty conservative tunnel rat - if there are crazy things going on, I'm not flying and I will let you guys know.