tdog

Longest continuous flight? I have my new record - no beer, this ain't skydiving...

going full speed. He kept up and his flying was awesome.

I forgot to mention, the tunnel rats that were watching the session nicknamed me twitchy cuz of the way I snap my turns. they're right, I do look twitchy when I snap em, but I'm FAST!!! so who cares

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

going full speed. He kept up and his flying was awesome.

I forgot to mention, the tunnel rats that were watching the session nicknamed me twitchy cuz of the way I snap my turns. they're right, I do look twitchy when I snap em, but I'm FAST!!! so who cares

he he he, and I thought I was the only one that "saw" that... It does make finding your grips a little interesting when they are twitching around.:P

he he he, and I thought I was the only one that "saw" that... It does make finding your grips a little interesting when they are twitching around

Too right!

Actually, he has improved since December - it is only the arms and hands that are twitching now;)

To be fair, due to his jumpsuit, at times he did look like a member of Airspeed.

Liz

Actually, he has improved since December - it is only the arms and hands that are twitching now

To be fair, due to his jumpsuit, at times he did look like a member of Airspeed.

give me time, i'll get there!!! i only have 250 jumps remember. geez you guys pick on me too much;)

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Chuck, you and your wife both kcik ass, but damn!!! I hadn't even gotten out of my car in Dublin and you guys were already talking shit:P, if I off myself one of these days its going to be because of an abusive relationsip between me and dz.com:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Now what id liek to know is how high youd have to be to do a 22min freefall skydive?

Using the standard rates of 10 seconds for the first 1000 feet and 5 seconds per 1000 feet after that...

22 min * 60 sec/min = 1320 sec
1320 sec - 10 sec = 1310 sec (first 1000 feet)
1310 sec * 200 feet/sec = 262,000 feet

Total 263,000 feet or 49.8 miles AGL

It would actually be higher than this, because there isn't as much air in the air as you get up high and
you fall faster. The Russian space program would probably sell you a lift ticket for this if you have the
cash. If you don't, maybe a bird-suit would be a cheaper way to get a longer freefall.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

My longest was an hour and a half in the cone. They started the tunnel and most of the folks went to lunch. By the time they got back I was flying with my arms behind my back....I was too tired to use my arms, but too greedy to get out.

I have flown several 30 min sessons straight.

The worst day was in Bragg. We were training the SOCOM demo team and playing some 4way. I stayed in the chamber flying 2 in 2 out for 3 hours straight, one hour out, then back in. Neal Houston was with us....He was SMOKED by the end of the dayB|

Several times I have been coaching for an hour and not gotten out of the tunnel. I have the dives pre drawn on boards and I just stay in the tunnel. Secret is when I get tired I cheat. If I can, I stand, or half fly on the wall. ;)

Anyway, I will be in CO May 5-6th...Hope to meet some of you.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Nothing special here. The last Sunday I wanted to go with my wife so I did a couple in between team stuff. 2 in 4way, 2 in with wife, 2 in 4 way again same drill, then 2 out. So 6 minutes in, 2 out for a few cycles. The guys thought it would be funny to use those turns to tap Block 16. Since we were just learning it, it was about the most physical drill on the white board. Did that about 4 times in the one hour.

And it is easy to get greedy if the time is available. No matter how beat you feel. As my form would fall off, I'd cross my toes to keep the knees together, sometimes throw an outside arm on the back, but it was less my arms than my overall torso that I felt it in. We did trash a couple other's arms though. Good camp though. Flew likely 4 and half hours over 3 days. Learned a ton, as always

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I did 5 hours in one day. These were in 1 hour blocks with breaks from half an hour to 45 minutes in between. I was flying eash hour straight -- once in, not a minute out before the bell rings. It was one-on-one coaching, though, that way I did not have to work much.
I also flew 30 minutes freeflying straight a few times.

Perfect, I expect you to fly in the Colorado Skydiving League scrambles on the 6th... See http://www.coloradoskydivingleague.com for the info... You will even get a free teeshirt!

Well except that I am coaching in the tunnel both days...so that makes skydiving in a meet kinda hard:P.

Also, I have a class to teach in FLL Monday, so I will be going from the tunnel on Sunday to FLL.

I will be in CO Friday night and Sat night only.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334