mattjw916

Skyventure Hollywood

1/19/06 - Still no sign of a vertical wind tunnel yet. It would also appear that the actual build site has been moved within the City Walk.

The latest update on your web site.... :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Cool, I haven't been out there for a while and was wondering if any progress had been made. SVH will be a lot closer than Perris when I'm visiting family out there, if they ever finish building it, lol. The IBA's website had an unrealistic completion date so I'll be looking forward to your pics. B|
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Anyone been to Universal Citywalk recently and know what kind of progress they are making on that tunnel?

SVHW is going to be an exciting project, but will probably not appeal to skydivers so much.

It is going to be a single peice 11 ft by 9 ft tube, with both the controler and instructor in the chamber. The training facility will be a seperate building with the tunnel a stand alone unit. It should be a 2 motor recirculating design.

It's gonna look great but be small.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'm going on Sunday to see it for myself and take a picture....YES!! SUNDAY!! WHOO HOOO... going to Flyaway LV on Thursday too!!!

Click "Status Pending" on my website to see current photos of the site at the citywalk as well as visiting the skyventure website

Hey Dawn, I live about 35 minutes NW from there, so maybe we can get a bite to eat, nearby? It's a heck of a lot closer for me, than meeting at Skyventure Perris. Let me know, ok? :)

Hey Ro,

I'll give you a shout after we return from Vegas... do you wanna do the Pier in Santa Monica with Lexi and I on Friday night? (just DYING for some churros!)..I want to be there before sunset although the weather isn't looking to great for Friday but we're goin anyway!! We're stayin in Burbank from Saturday through the rest of the trip so we'll be just down the street from you.

That sounds like so much fun, Dawn. I'd love to see you both in Santa Monica (I used to live on 5th Street) on Friday night. I can also meet you close to Burbank, if it rains, and you don't make it to the westside. I'll PM you my numbers, just in case you don't have them. Woohoo...looking forward to seeing you both! I need to remember to take my camera, too. :)

Here they are... I'm a day later than originally planned but THEY ARE DIGGING THE SITE!!!!!

PMS pic of Rosa, Lexi and ME
and the construction progress photo

sorry if the pics aren't great.. .I'm on a laptop and still on vacation until Wednesday... I'll upload new ones when I get back to a REAL monitor!:)