flyangel2

Kirk Verner @ SkyVenture Colorado

I'm proud and happy to Announce that Kirk Verner of Airspeed, will be at the SkyVenture tunnel here in Colorado, March 12th at noon, till March 15thn till . Kirk will be available for FREE coaching.

Give us a call and I'll be glad to set up your tunnel time:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Thanks Kirk... It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot... I do have to say, those Airspeed folk like to fall fast, that tunnel was a-cookn'....

The thing I learned the most... While doing cat-360-cat, it is nearly impossible to cross reference an object spinning at the speed of light... He was spinning so fast I was getting vertigo before I even started my own turn... It was fun to fly with someone who can whip a 360 in the time it takes for me to blink my eye.

I told him that you retired from the sport and decided to take up bowling

I hope you told him it was LAWN bowling Dan had taken up;)

hate each and every one of you people that got to fly with Kirk while I was hatin life up in the mountains!!

Well, if you will go tramping off in the snow with guns and stuff... you can't have everythingB|

Liz

Well then, you are hating me too, cause I got two 15 min sessions with him:)
I love how Kirk taught on a individual basis for each flier.

I need to figure out how to get him back here.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I got that part covered, while you guys were busy taking all of Kirk's time I was up in the mountains snatching a "terrorist" out of his bed in the middle of the night. We'll just plan another mission like that for Eloy, snatch Kirk and interrogate him in the wind tunnel while he's coaching us;)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

snatching a "terrorist" out of his bed in the middle of the night. We'll just plan another mission like that for Eloy, snatch Kirk and interrogate him in the wind tunnel while he's coaching us

You can defintely do that missionB|

According to the Fox Arizona Morning news when the Eloy tunnel was first opened, the skydiver correspondent said along the lines of "the tunnel is an important tool for the fight against terrorism" or something similar. Basically, it was put out onto the airwaves that the American Special Forces were using it for training.

It did garner a huge laugh - what are the Special Forces going to do in the tunnel, umm, fly up/down/side to side/ turn a few points......

I understand that their indentities have to be kept a secret, but when the tunnel is a no go area.... we know that they are in there, Any terrorist could now turn up in Eloy, wait for the tunnel to be blacked out and bomb it. It isn't rocket science:S

Anyway, to snatch Kirk, you would have to get past his wife and kids, and no, you cannot use my back yard as access!!!!

Liz

I got that part covered, while you guys were busy taking all of Kirk's time I was up in the mountains snatching a "terrorist" out of his bed in the middle of the night. We'll just plan another mission like that for Eloy, snatch Kirk and interrogate him in the wind tunnel while he's coaching us;)

Dan,

While you were off running some far fetched terrorist plot... I worked last night with some Air Force cadets... And, god, they are getting good... One guy, with 50 jumps and zero tunnel time was doing 2ways (in a perfect mantis might I add) on minutes 6-8, and wall tag on minutes 8-10... They are ready for the tunnel league! I guess that is what happens when they actually come to the tunnel and fly - while you are off doing Army things, huh:P

(Yes Liz, I know this is "cold", but I gotta poke a little fun at Dan for putting WORK before FUN, even if he is property of the State and his was ordered to do it.:P)