madbrad

advice 4 BEDFORD Tunnel

WE NEED ADVICE real soon !!!
We are a group coming from sa (PIETERMARITZBURG PARACUTE CLUB & SKY DIVE DURBAN)
and need some idea where we should stay, how we can get there and back etc.. etc.. We are going to do some tunnel time in bedford in march !
if you know any thing that could make our trip a more enjoyable , please let us know !

Blue skies

http://www.bodyflight.co.uk/

The tunnel is completely awesome (Iv'e just spent 2 1/2+ in it). I think that the individual bedrooms on the site itself are still under contruction? although the bunk rooms (10 to room) are cheap, warm and functional.

There is a Travelodge http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/273/Bedford
5 mins drive away, as is Bedford train station, and the taxi ride is only a few Pounds.

There are several pubs nearby to eat or drink in, again a short taxi ride away (the Tunnel is on an old military research site and is half a mile into the middle of nowhere on its own little road)

The staff at the tunnel are all very helpfull and cool, give them a ring and they will tell you all you need to know.

Here's some juicy footage from the tunnel
http://161.58.164.50/tv/FabianBB.mov

Hi
I'll be there March 19 for the first time.

I've had no clue as to where to sleep there so I searched the internet. I found that there are a lot of B&B and hotels for every pocket in Bedford and around it. If you want I can send you some internet addresses to save you time.

As we are traveling from Stansted airport we chose to sleep in a B&B just outside Cambridge. It is half way back to the airport.

ya that would be great , that dose sound like a good idea ! we arive on the 8th and return on the 15th march so as soon as i return i will send you some info to !!! give me a email add. and i can keep you up dated if you like of where and whats happining . :P

The bunkrooms are only 15GBP per person per night,
We have two rooms and 20 beds.
There are shower facilities and a kitchen that you can use,
Other options are the Queens Head Hotel and the Travel lodge as mentioned.

You can check availability of the bunkrooms by e-mailing [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Hello everyone...

I hear lots and lots of people saying they found it hard to find Bodyflight Bedford tunnel. I've made this simple map (Not to scale I hasten to add!)
You get the idea. Have a look, If you've never been - hope it comes in handy... If you already know where it is... let me know if it makes sense!
If you like it... feel free to tell your mates to use it!

(I only did directions to the gate that's manned 24/7 as I thought to do both would only add to the confusion - Also I've made the wild -if not stupid assumption people can find the town of Bedford!!)

Feedback welcome!

Chris H
:P

PS.. Nige - backflying is coming on mate - slowly!:$
I'm succumbing to the dark side!! Aaaargh!!
www.southparc.co.uk

No you can't do that,
Sat Nav is wrong, it leads you to Mount Pleasant Road which is about 2 miles out!
You have to input 'Twinwoods Road' on your Sat Nav

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232