Smilie

NorCal Tunnel?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows what the satus of the wind tunnel in the delta? I am planning a trip for tunnel time soon, and if the one in NorCal will be open in time, that would be the one closest to me.
Jess

Fear not death. Fear instead the unlived life.

http://www.skyventuresv.com/

According to the web site, Summer '06 but I haven't heard that there's even been any construction started on this one (maybe some of the locals know more) and the latest update on construction progress on the web site is from December '04... If you're planning a tunnel trip this year, I'd plan elsewhere. Traveling down to Eloy or Perris isn't that much farther, and we know those are up and running. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here's the text from a email newsletter they sent out on 1-11-06. I guess they're just waiting on funding now.

SkyVenture Silicon Valley Supporters,

SkyVenture Silicon Valley has entered 2006 in a full sprint. With our CEO and Director of Operations on the project full time, the rate of progress continues to accelerate as we drive towards groundbreaking. SkyVenture corporate is also stepping up to the plate by providing construction management consulting to drive costs out of the project as they’ve successfully done for their Universal Studios location.

This New Year has already brought some excellent news. As of January 6, the City of Union City has approved the application for the foundation and grading permits! This is a huge step towards getting underway with initial construction, which will begin as soon as the best subcontractors for the job are selected and we complete the financing. Look for continued updates in the very near future.

Click on the thumbnail to view the letter from Union City.

There has also been significant progress on the investor front, with final signatures and closure being reached and a rapid rate. It looks like we are in the home stretch for accepting the last investors but as you well know, nothing is done until it’s done. If you or your friends and colleagues would like to discuss the investment opportunity please just reply and we’ll get right back to you.

A couple of updates from the rest of the SkyVenture Family Our “sister tunnel” www.airkix.com began operation last October, forty miles north of London, and has set new SkyVenture sales records! A closer cousin, www.skyventurecolorado.com is due to begin testing this month and should be opening very soon. Opening this spring is the next tunnel in New Hampshire, www.skyventurenh.com due to open with a bang this Spring.

Happy New Year to you all and best of luck for 2006!

-Team SkyVentureSV
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative