Swoop8268

Wind Tunnel in Wisconsin

Louisville KY
Cincinatti OH
Indi IN

Those would be good locations in my opinion.
Fastraxx could be the RW coaches in those sights, Chicago's Freeflyers would be close too.
Ft Campbell KY's military would be within driving range and they have a need for a 14' and powerful design (180 mph winds with good lift).

Again just my Opinion, but if I had the cash one would be in Louisville already.;)
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I've heard you need tourist traffic in addition to skydivers to make a tunnel viable. In Wisconsin, that means the Dells. You could also try Gurnee to leech on the tourists going to Six Flags. Chicago would probably be the best bet in the area, in terms of tourism and proximity to DZs.

I would LOVE to see a wind tunnel in Wisconsin (I'm from Milwaukee). The best spot for it (as already mentioned) would definitely be Wisconsin Dells, since it's a hot spot for thrill rides & touristy stuff. Lots of whuffo business.

I agree that the Gurnee Mills/Six Flags area would be a good possibility, too.
"DOOR!!!"

Louisville KY
Cincinatti OH
Indi IN

I'd say come a bit farther west, something to split the difference between Denver and the more eastern tunnels.

Kansas City
Chicago
St Louis
Minneapolis

(I think Chicago would be the obvious site to captialize on the Midwest and Ohio Basin market, Minneapolis also gets a lot of tourist traffic for the Mall of America and some other sites, but I'm questioning the tourist demographic specific to those attractions.)

I'd make a map of the States, pin the current sites, look for gaps in the map with major metro areas and start from there. Wisconsin is interesting, but further south catches more market within driving range without losing any of the Chicago/Minneapolis/Milwaukee market.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Lisa - looked the Skydive Fox Cities website.

Some of the clickables are touchy about accessing.

Did you know that you can't tell from the site (or at least easily) where the heck the Brennand airport is? What city?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I wouldn't be able to go further west!

Seriously I did look at a few of the current attrractions and fell that the many amusment parks near Luoiville KY and the Fastraxx team would be a start.

But it isn't my idea or tunnel, just my opinion. We know what the ysame about opinions:P.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I agree that the Dells would probably be one of the best spots to put a tunnel. Since it's known for its tourist attractions, people going there already expect to try things like that. Gurnee wouldn't be bad. At either one of those places, my guess is that during winter when tourism is slow, it would be busier for skydivers.

I would LOVE for a tunnel to be in Chicago (a place like Navy Pier also draws in tons of tourism), but my guess is that the cost of the property would be a bit high.

If the Midwest does get a tunnel, I don't know why it would be built somewhere else other than the Chicago area. Chicago's the third largest city in the US and has 3 turbine dzs close by. As someone else mentioned, it's easy to fly to. Plus, I'm here! :ph34r:
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning