onlyood

Where to stay near Sky Venture Malaysia?

I'm headed to Genting Sky Venture Malaysia (http://www.genting.com.my/en/themepark/skyventure/skyventure02.htm) to get some tunnel time next month. Was wondering if anyone can recommend cheap places to stay nearby? Thanks in advance!

R
DZ.com Gems:
1) In a two-out situation, anything you do or don't do can make the situation better or worse.
2) Remember: high performance canopies can give you not only high performance openings, bu

There's not much "nearby". I'ts either in the Genting Complex itself, or in KL (which is about one hour drive from Genting).
You can get rooms in Genting from around US$30, but you have to avoid the weekends.
You can find cheaper places in KL, but if you fly on more than one day, it's worth to stay in Genting.
Get in touch with the guys at the tunnel, they should be able to help you.
Anyway, enjoy your trip to Genting, it'll be fun...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

Hi there,

I have been there a few times. The tunnel is located inside the Genting Theme Park (First World) so the most natural choice is the First World Hotel which overlooks the tunnel. Alternatively there are other, (presumably nicer) hotels in the Genting Park which you can stay at. These require a 5 minute walk to get to the theme park. There is a hotel in the park called Genting Highlands. Don't confuse that one with the Awana Highlands which is at the bottom of the mountain and requires a lengthy (20 min) cable car ride to get to the top. You can book online and the accom is very cheap. I have stayed a couple of different hotels and roughing it at the First World Hotel will be my choice next time round. KL is quite far away and if you are flying on more than 1 day then is not that practical. PM me i you need more details or other info.

Ciao,
Alex

3 of us are hoping to go to genting in april.

Any more info on accomodation would be great. such as web sites etc. cant find them for genting on web

Are there any DZ's nearby as well?? Altho the tunnel is the reason for going id like to jump in Malaysia as well while we're there.

we're all comparative newbies so any info would be great.......

Cheers

Closest DZ I know of is in thailand and indonesia. check out www.skydiveasia.org

Website for the tunnel http://www.genting.com.my/en/themepark/skyventure/index.htm

I usually end up staying at the First World hotel, easier to stay at genthing then travelling from KL if you're going to be in the tunnel for two days or more. While you're there, don't forget to check out KL, there's some very good food there.

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I'm not sure, best guess is an hour by bus/coach from the central bus station. Shared a cab up there once, but didn't remember how long it took. Once you get out of the city it's pretty quick. http://www.genting.com.my/en/eg/g_there/index.htm

Eugene

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."