RossDagley

BodyFlight Bedford's New Years Eve Bash!

Just a quick post to say how well the BodyFlight Bedford New Years Eve party was. Incredibly well run and organised event, with loads of interesting events happening to keep both flyers and non-flyers amused for the entire evening.

Tunnel Twister was a great success, with two joint winners both scoring a very impressive 27 points each, whilst the 4-way scrambles provided some (very short notice!!) interesting dives. Some teams had under 15 minutes to plan and dirt dive 3 different 4-ways, and it was very pleasing to see how well everyone gelled and got down to business! (even I didn't shame myself too badly, with our team coming 3rd!)

The free freefly coaching was a massive hit, with Rob (et al) doing a sterling job of staying on his feet whilst new back flyers did their best to wipe him out!

The big way / hybrid stuff was also a great draw for the crowds, and very impressive to watch (even if my skills weren't up to being on it :( ) 12 people in the tunnel at once was an amazing sight, with some very impressive skills being demonstrated.

There was a nice range of skills present, with some new flat and freefly flyers right through to some very experienced world-team members, and world class freeflyers. Always amazing to see points turned so accurately, or monster head-down carving!

Food and drink was provided throughout the night, and although was of the 'snack' kind (sandwiches and nibbles etc) was of a high quality and very nice. Drinks were on-hand throughout (alcoholic for the non-flyers, or those that had finished flying).

Then at 9pm, the DJ got spinning (and bizarrely, flying in between records!), the lights dimmed, and the party really got started. Everyone seemed to be having an amazing time. 11pm sadly arrived, and the tunnel was shutdown for the evening, but that didn't stop everyone enjoying themselves with this being the indoor equivalent of the 'beer light'! Paul made the announcements for the winners of the scrambles and the tunnel twister, then it was party into the New Year!

Overall, a very well organised party/event, with Paul really showing he knows how to hook us all up a treat! The allocated time of 15 minutes that was a included with your entry ticket certainly got stretched! Everyone cottoned on to the fact if you flew with more people, you got free time! Personally I got 40 minutes in the tunnel, whilst some lucky sods (Henry!) managed to get over an hour!

Amazing effort Paul - very well done! Already looking forward to next years!

Sample photos - http://www.dagley.co.uk/tunnel/nye/

Sounds like a kick-ass time - I wish the SkyVenture tunnels were like that here in the States. They don't cater to the skydivers like they do there - sounds like Bedford is more of a dropzone atmosphere!

I'll have to check them out this year!

Hey all, hope you enjoyed it!

I have the Scrambles Results here:

1st - Team 5
Kate Morris, Maxine Tate, Bob Parr, Sacha Chilton

2nd - Team 6
Sian Dallaway, Peter Allan, Susan Farquar, Swiss Christophe

3rd - Team 3
Ross Dagley-Cleworth, Andy Wright, Henry Chow, Derrick Kent.

Can't tell you who won Twister as i don't know.

I think that the event went well particularly due to the awesome manifester! ;)

Oh and of course you lot also made it the fantastic event that it was!

See you all back here soon

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Ross, Are you going to the BaByLoN Tunnel Camps?
http://www.ukfreefly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102

Hopefully there will be another New Years Party this year,
Did everyone have enough food and alcohol? The Pizzas i ordered at 11pm were definately a good idea.

If anyone has any ideas of other games then i'm sure Paul would like to hear them for future reference,
as far as i'm aware Tunnel Twister is still set up.
(got a week off)

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I had a wicked time :-) Everyone was smiley and helpful and noone laughed too much at my attempt at flatflying in the scrambles (although Sian did say she was shocked that I seemed to remember the next point most of the time...) :-)

Thanks everyone for a wicked time, can't wait till the next party.

I will have a think about the competitions, tag is an obvious one, but could be a bit dangerous if people get too involved.

L

Hi Nigel.

I'd like to know how much it is really - bit strapped after xmas. if its inclusive of 2 hours time, I suspect its gonna be over £1000+ so I dont think I can lump that at the moment, even though it'd be a serious investment in my skills... :(

Tag is good, but you need to be a reasonable skill level in there, otherwise you could get hurt. Theres a lot more chance of a burble playing tag. I wouldn't want to see low-timers doing this B|

Oh, and the tunnel twister isn't setup - I asked for a quick go last night, but it would have been aggro to swap the cabling over on the pc's etc in the control room. I suspect if you booked some time just for it the guys would sort it out though :)

Did everyone have enough food and alcohol? The Pizzas i ordered at 11pm were definately a good idea.
Nigel

Those pizzas were a bad idea Nigel! I disappeared for 1 moment feeling fine then returned to the smell of many pizzas only to discover they'd all been eaten!!! subsequently I spent the rest of the night starving...

Smile, Get It Over With