steven1981

What is the worlds best wind tunnel

I've flown in two of the tunnels listed, Orlando and Bedford.

The Bedford tunnel I'm obviously going to say I "prefer", but the Orlando tunnel has some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet, and some of the most experienced Instructors on the face of the earth.

I'd have to say its how you measure "best". If best to you is convenience or price, then thats great. Nothing like a (cheap) tunnel on your doorstep, and if thats Aerokart or some other then thats cool in my eyes. If you score "best" as largest, or most powerful, then theres only one answer... And I'm lucky enough (and humbled enough) to work there.
Its like working at the worlds best DZ - on a daily basis I talk to, and watch champions fly. If I'm really lucky, I get to fly with them or get coaching from them. THATS my "best". :)

wow you guys kick off over this best thing quick as quick...lol...
well ive done 4 tunnels,,perris,parris,orlando and bedford...all are great,each has there good bits for instance you can mess about in parris and well they tell you off you can say non comprehend,,bloody marvelous, orlando has awsome instructors(as do the others just incase anyone was looking to argue)perris is so cool just watching joao tambo fly was worth the trip itself and the staff go on the piss with you and let you foot dock there heads while stood in the door...(sry private joke)and let you put them on a rodeo bull and bend them...steve couldnt walk for days...lol...oh memories memories, but for me at the moment bedford rocks for lots of reasons which im not putting down as someone might say im biased or pompus.... im english and have the right to be popus..so there end of story...lol...we have a queen...