freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

Oh yah!!! Doin' the "happy dance"... B|B|B|B|B|

It is really nice to see the results of all those long days and late nights :S you guys have been putting in! I'll bet you are looking forward to sitting back and watching the bodies fly! Oh, awright - you can fly too... :)

Just a quick update,...
Rob and I have been very busy with our tunnel and have not had much time to post.
We are coming along and the sheetrock work will be complete today. It looks awesome! We will start painting next week.
Our staff has been training for over a week now and are doing awesome.:)
I will try and post some pictures later.
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Well our staff is almost done training and time is going by quickly. We will be opening around the third week of August. It should be just in time for the Pepperell boogie.
Mike Swanson has booked a camp with us on August 30. 31 & Sept 1.

We are really proud to announce that Nick, Brendan & Selwyn formerly from Airkix in the UK are coming to work for us. We are pleased to have them as part of our staff.

The tunnel is looking sharp and we would like to thank all of our friends that have come by to lend a helping hand.

Blue Ones!
Laurie

If your staff is almost done training, why are you planning on opening at the end of August, when your website says you'll be opening at the beginning of August?

There are tons of reasons why this could be the case. Do you have experience with tunnel openings? Have you been around this sport to see a few (I'm not trying to argue or be sarcastic here, really just trying to inform others)?

If you (and others) haven't: the dates are always being pushed back, delayed, not started, or just messed up for one reason or another, investors and those with $ can be crazy sometimes, and other times there is no forseen reason for things happeneing as they do. It's an industry that seems to be full of delays.

Maybe you should withhold judgment till the facts are in? I don't know what the situation is exactly but it's not really our business. The tunnel will be open when it's open.

I know currently in Orlando the city is what's holding all new construction back. There are so many new structures and not enough inspectors. Maybe Laurie has done all she can and is waiting on the powers that be?

Laurie is doing a magnificant job of getting the tunnel open and updating this thread like crazy for all of us drooling to get out there.

Let's stay positive and supportive of those trying to grow and better the industry :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

No sarcasm huh? Interesting. As a matter of fact, I have been around for tunnel openings, and I have been in the tunnel business...have you? Which tunnels have you worked for? Just trying to make conversation...less hostile conversation. As a consumer, and a future customer of SVNH, it IS my business to know why there have been delays. If we have been privy to all the information up to this point (aka, when each fan had been placed, and what color they were planning on painting the walls) then why not indulge us with this too? I'm not being accusatory, meerly curious. Some of us have to work, and can't just flit around the US and farther to fly.

No sarcasm huh? Interesting. As a matter of fact, I have been around for tunnel openings, and I have been in the tunnel business...have you? Which tunnels have you worked for? Just trying to make conversation...less hostile conversation. As a consumer, and a future customer of SVNH, it IS my business to know why there have been delays. If we have been privy to all the information up to this point (aka, when each fan had been placed, and what color they were planning on painting the walls) then why not indulge us with this too? I'm not being accusatory, meerly curious. Some of us have to work, and can't just flit around the US and farther to fly.

You took my post WAAAAAY out of context buddy. I really was just trying to educate people on how things go. I've put in over 115 hours in 6+ tunnels in just under 2 years. I've paid my dues and most certainly don't have to explain myself to you.

Maybe you should give people and their posts the benfit of the doubt w. tone and context before ripping someone apart. it only makes you look bad.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I think the answer to the original question about the website was that the website was incorrect and should have stated, opening in the middle to end of August... Other than that, I saw the point that Paige was making and how it could be taken as scarcism, but knowing Paige, that wasn't her point.

I think the answer to the original question about the website was that the website was incorrect and should have stated, opening in the middle to end of August... Other than that, I saw the point that Paige was making and how it could be taken as scarcism, but knowing Paige, that wasn't her point.

Thanks for sticking up for me. That's exactly why I put in there 'I'm not being sarcastic' because missunderstandings like that happen all time online. I swear, sometimes I feel like there is nothing I can do right on here.

Oh well, back to work on important things like Tunnel for the Cause 2006, Fly for Peace...Man I'm so busy but this is going to be one great year for tunnel events!!!
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm not sure why all the hostility here...:|

I don't think it's the responsibility of any business owner to keep us aprised of their progress...nor is it any of our business to know why there have been delays, unless of course your an investor... just the opposite in fact, I feel that it's a privelege to know. As if opening a tunnel isn't enough of a headache (and yes.. I DO know what's involved) Laurie manages to grace these forums with her presence & updates to keep us all in the loop. I truly appreciate that.

As far as delays? well.. having been around for the opening of several VWTs before, I certainly don't see anything I would consider a delay... it's a freak thing to see a tunnel come together so quickly and be operational in under a year!!! Its only happened a couple of times in fact EVER!

So... KUDOS to Laurie & her team for making this happen in record time! Can't wait to fly it!!

Listen, buddy, my point was not to seem argumentative...I was just curious as to what anyone had heard about why there were delays. As I said before, we've heard about all the good stuff, and having been a part of a tunnel before, I know that there are unseen obstacles, and I understand this...which I also said, if you had taken the good as WELL AS the bad from my post...and having been a part of a tunnel, I know that there are also not so good moments during the opening, and thought maybe we'd hear about those as well...just because everything doesn't go as planned doesn't make you weak, it makes you human, and it's okay to share that too. From my experience on this website, people ask questions, and whatever other people know, they usually share that knowledge with the rest, this isn't criminal, it's curiosity...am I to assume that this is not the case? You're getting way bent out of shape and a little stressed out it seems--relax, take it easy, don't get so tense...it's only a post afterall...talk about "looking bad..."

I'm replying just because I know Laurie and Rob are sleeping no more than 3 hours a night these days doing everything they can to take care of their staff during the evening training and everything they can to assist with construction work during day.

I don't think they'll mind me filling you in that the delays have been typical construction delays - siding guys that got behind schedule, painting guys that got behind schedule, etc. Laurie explained it as - you need to do A, B, and C, in that order, before moving onto D, E and F and if one construction person messes something up it can hold everyone else back since each step needs to be done in order - her exact words might have been different, but that was the gist of it.

That said, the place is looking great! They're focussing on the finish work now and some of the counters are already in. Paint, doors, and cabinets are getting installed as I type. The layout plan is awesome and I think people will be psyched with how user friendly it'll be to watch, creep, debrief, etc. You'll even be able to look through a cutout in the second floor and watch people flying while you're signing up at the front desk on the ground floor.

The owners are stand up folks and wouldn't say "by the boogie" if they didn't believe it to be accurate and I know they'll work their fingers to the bone to make it happen...

Patience peeps - it's almost here. We should all be happy to have the fastest tunnel in the world in our backyard and trust that they want it to be open for business even more that we want to be their customers....

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!