freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

If you've never done a hop n pop from 4000ft from a Cessna when the ground temp is 32 degrees farenhiet on the ground, your missing out! Winter jumping in New England! :P

Or Canada for that matter. It was only 15 degrees F on the ground (-9 degrees C), and I jumped from 5,000 feet. It wasn't hop and pop -- it was a freefall with 15 second delay!

I wore four layers on my top half and three layers on the bottom half, and wore surgical gloves under my Newmann's gloves. I didn't get cold except for my hands.

So much for the 55 degree weather! Now why did you send that COLD Canadian air down here?!:o

Here is a picture,...
They have put the louver jams in place. You can see the large box like objects,.. those are our turning banks. The fiberglass and turning banks will be going in this week.:)
I will post more pictures soon!
Blue Ones!
Laurie

OK, I can't resist this....DOORS!!!! :P

I love your Tube of Pleasure, too! Can I make a reservation yet? B|

My favorite sound in skydiving (apart from the ruffle of fabric over my head following the pilot chute toss, obviously!) is the word "DOOR!"

Starting as a static-line student at a C-182 DZ will do that to you. I thought I was going to crap myself the (beer) time the pilot shouted "DOOR!" in my face..

So multiple doors, even louver doors, is cool :)
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

My favorite sound in skydiving (apart from the ruffle of fabric over my head following the pilot chute toss, obviously!) is the word "DOOR!"

it goes away. When the green light goes on in an Otter and everybody and their dog thinks it's their personal responsibility to yell "DOOR" every single time. It gets old.

I think the guy next to the door can handle the job without a reminder. He is normally only inches from the light.:S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well,.. it sure was a cold one today. I wish that cold air from Canada would stop dipping down into NH!:S

Our steel crew showed up today,... but the rigging crew (airflow parts) did not. They said that it was too cold!:o
Hopefully they will be on site tomorrow to finish up getting our turn banks ready to FLY!:)So,.. if all goes well I will have a new picture of the site with the top turning banks by the end of the week.

Blue COLD Skies!
Laurie

Laurie,
How is the weather? I hope you are warmer and are moving along.

Nice talking to you the other night. I know you'll be as busy as we are and won't have time to talk about it.

Come on out and see the finished project.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I just watched "Witness" with Harrison Ford - There's this scene where he's helping the amish community build an entire barn in one day with handtools...

I say it half jokingly, but if you ever reach a point in this process that you need a 150 giddy skydivers with toolbelts, brooms, or shovels would speed up the process, you KNOW people would show up...

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!