freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

Hi Eule,

Yes the inlet contrator is below the flight chamber and will be exposed to give the building a cool look.
As far as the exchange of air we have 4 very large louvers built into the return air towers. The purpose is to control the temp and bring in fresh air when needed.

I have picked my color and it will be BLUE!

Thanks and Blue Skies!
Laurie

I _think_ even the closed circuit tunnels have a way to admit outside
air into the flow, I think mostly to help regulate the temperature, but
I'm not sure.

I was chatting with Rob (Laurie's lesser half..) at the DZ one day about just that subject.

I forgot that even though we're talking a large scale, we get to deal with Charles's Law (pressure and volume vs. temperature), so speeding up a large volume of air in this way is, in some aspects, pressurizing it, which will tend to cause the temperature of the air to rise.

Add to this some friction (I would have thought friction would be negligible, but in a closed loop, and at the speeds we're talking about, friction will likely add up) and the heat of the motors at the top of the tunnel. You can see very quickly that you'd want a few vent doors to keep the air cooler.

whew, I'm sweating just typing that. :)

Spring _cannot_ come soon enough..
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

Hi All,

Just another update. We were not able to get our site paved this week but are in hopes that we will next week. Our crew didn't work at the site today due to it is so wet and it rained all day! Well,.. at least all of the SNOW is GONE!:)If we get paved next week I think that we will start flying steel the following week.

Our web site should be up and running this Sunday so check it out. www.skyventurenh.com
It is far from complete,.. but we will continue to improve it as we go. So keep checking back to see the changes.
We will also be posting our constuction photo's on the site.

Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hey, this is starting to look real! A web site, awesome construction pix, people doing the "no snow" dance... I'm getting pumped up for this thing to start blowing... Or does it suck?? Personally, I think it goes both ways, but that's a whole different thread... In any case - I'm really looking forward to having fun going broke in Nashua!

Thanks for keeping us all current on your progress.

Blue Skies (and Blue Inlet Contractors!)

If it snows a lot, I'll be able to save more money to spend on tunnel time when it's finally finished

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to you guys opening up and being able to get some tunnel time without needing to travel really long distances

Hi Mark,

Yes we will be running the early bird special until March 2006. :)
Blue Skies!
Laurie

The skyventure website says this opens May/June 2006, but you've mentioned possibly March/April 2006. Who's right? I'll err on the side of latter, considering Murphy's Law (the backhoe broke down, the cold winter caused the manifold to jam, whatever)

Hi Mark,

The Skyventure corp. site is wrong. They are going to fix that on the site. The month of May would be our worst case. We think that we will be open in April. I would love to say March,... but as I type this a really nasty storm is heading our way to dump a foot of snow on US![:/]

We will keep you and all of our readers posted.
Thanks for asking!
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hi All,
An update on our project. Well mother nature did NOT keep us down. Even though she dumped a foot of snow on us we are now paved!:)Our site guys did a great job in cleaning all the snow off after the storm. We were prepped and ready for paving by Monday afternoon. Today (12/13/05) our rough coat of paving is now in place. This is a big event to us due to we need to have some paving in place to open for business.B|
By Monday or Tuesday we should be pouring our final slabs for the foundation floors. While that is going on our steel company will be moving our steel around and getting ready to GO VERTICAL. :)

So,.. attached is a photo of the pavement and I will post again soon.
Due to popular demand we are selling time now.
Blue Skies and Happy Holidays!
Laurie

The latest update,.. we are paved and are finishing up the site work. We are very excited to announce that it appears that we may be going vertical next week. Not sure what day,.. but will post it when I know. Our fans arrived this week and they are huge!B| ( see pic below ) To give you an idea of the size of them Rob is 6' 4" tall.
We wish everyone a Happy Holiday!
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Our fans arrived this week and they are huge!B|

Who are the rabid fans you speak of? ;) Any famous tunnel flyers I should be aware of? I thought the tunnel wasn't supposed to be operating till approximately April :o

Oh. It's just the metal fans, not the human fans. ;) Hurry up, will ya!

Our fans arrived this week and they are huge!B|

Who are the rabid fans you speak of? ;) Any famous tunnel flyers I should be aware of? I thought the tunnel wasn't supposed to be operating till approximately April :o

Oh. It's just the metal fans, not the human fans. ;) Hurry up, will ya!

I think she means the walls are going up soon...

I saw the build site today! B| and there are beams in...Im guessing they're to support the floor.

Im excited!

cant wait to get in there!

Yes,.. we are getting ready to go VERTICAL. The steel crew said they would be on the site today but that date was moved to Tuesday. The holidays are slowing us down. We will be glad to ring in the new year and get this tunnel built. If all goes well we will be going vertical sometime next week. We are pouring our bottom foundation slabs and then comes the steel. I will post the actual date on Tuesday after I talk to the steel crew.

We would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and look forward to seeing everyone in 2006!

Blue Skies!
Laurie

Well just an update.

The one foot snow storm missed us on Tuesday leaving us with only 2 inches.:D We then poured our slab for the foundation on Wednesday. The steel crew showed up and sorted the massive pieces of steel.:)Today, (1/5/06) the snow was flying today and our steel was also . YES,..We have now gone vertical!!!B| The crane worked all day moving the 2500 pound chunks of steel around an the crew bolted them in place! It was an awesome sight to see!
The steel crew will continue to work until they are done.

I will try and post some pictures later.
Blue Skies!
Laurie