freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

Hey Thanks! Yes,... our tube of pleasure is looking better each day!

By the looks of the picture I think that we were there working in the house. We are really busy day and night working on the tunnel and fixing up that house.
Next time come knock on the door and we will give you the tour!

See you soon!

Here is an update,...
Sorry that we have not posted much lately.:S We have been working really hard to get our tube of pleasure up and running. Rob and I are at the site every day working on stuff.

They siding crew is taking much longer than they told us. They are now skinning the second return air tower. Once they finish that they will have to put up the flat liner panel. When they finish with all of that we will pluck the lift out of the foundation hole and place our bottom turn banks. Then our inlet contractor will be placed and our airflow will be complete.:)
We are now getting a better picture of our opening dates and it looks like it will be the 3rd or 4th week of June.
So,.. the bad news is that it is going to be a little longer. :SThe good news is that the TUNNEL IS COMING!!! The best part of all is bodyflight in New England will be year round!;)

Blue Ones!
Laurie

Hey Thanks! Yes,... our tube of pleasure is looking better each day!

By the looks of the picture I think that we were there working in the house. We are really busy day and night working on the tunnel and fixing up that house.
Next time come knock on the door and we will give you the tour!

See you soon!

Laurie

Oh, yeah, i sure wanted to, but I had the kids and all, so I figured you guys were working your butts off getting things organized/fixed up, last thing you need is a gawker. (hehe: "Here, Darin, here's a paintbrush. If you're gonna stand there, paint something!")

That baby is sure coming along, but I see what you mean about the siding contractor taking their damn sweet time. Geez, don't these people know we want to get into the airflow?
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

Hello all!

For the past year I have been listening to the news and had a passive interest on the progress of the tube. Earlier this week I was driving home from VT and took a detour down the DW Highway to take a look at the tunnel. I started to feel the same way as I do waiting for the green light. Now I'm all psyched!

By the way, we ended up eating our take out lunch on the side of the road there and saw some people working in the house, so if you remember a strange car on Tuesday, it was just my wife and I in aww. Still strange, but just us.

Dan

I wandered by the tunnel today (ok, and yesterday:), and the day before that:$, and ... ) I know that Rob & Laurie have been really busy, and haven't had time to post, so I thought I would provide an unofficial update:

The steel crew appears to have completed erecting the front addition (I think that means all structural steel is now in place - yahoo!), and they are installing the floor pans for the 2nd floor. The siding crew is cranking... much of the siding (1 long side and 2 short sides) is up on the equipment deck level (the top part of the building, where the fans and the upper turn banks are located). The siding of the internal surfaces of the return air towers is coming along nicely, and they even started to hang the first bit of exterior siding on one of the return air towers. Not sure what other less-obvious progress might have been made since Laurie posted last, but that was what I saw today.

It is getting harder and harder to wait... I am really looking forward to enjoying this tube of pleasure!

Hi all,.. just another quick update.

They are finishing up lining the last layer on the return air tower.

They have alrealy poured our second story floor and will be pouring the first floor tomorrow.

The drywall company is forming up our outer walls now.

Will post again soon with another updated photo.
Thanks to all that have stopped by,.. it is good to see our friends due to we have NO time to go to the drop zone.

Blue Skies!
Laurie

Thanks for the updates, Laurie. One of the things that I love seeing is how the parking lot seems to be getting bigger and bigger. It doesn't seem that long ago that you could hardly move around the lot because of the turning banks, fans, transition ducts, structural steel, etc. all over the place. Now, all that stuff is finding its place in the building, and you can actually park quite a few cars in the lot ;) Really looking forward to hearing those fans sucking air B|

We are behind due to contractors telling us it will only take 2 weeks and then it takes them 2 - 3 months.

Have you ever seen The Money Pit? It's about a young couple who are trying to fix up a really run-down house. A running joke in this film is that whenever they ask a contractor how long something will take, the answer is always "2 weeks!" Caution: If you watch it now, you will probably think it is a documentary rather than a comedy.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Hi all,.. just another update.

Here is the latest picture of the tunnel and it is coming along.
We now have the lift out of the basement hole and we just poured our lobby floor. The walls are going up inside and out.
We will be placing our final turning banks and inlet contractor this coming week.

It looks like we will be opening in late July. Rob and I are working hard to try and move that date some.

The flight chamber floor is in place so I would like to say a special thanks to the people that helped with that 2 day event last week.

I will post again soon!
Blue Skies!
Laurie

I'm in Boston on July 15. If you can sneak me into the tunnel for either July 13th, 14th or 15th, let me know. I would relish the opportunity ;)

Not holding my breath -- yet -- but go get the Mafia working on making it possible. (Er, I mean, get the Pink Mafia Tunnel Sisters to cheerlead your construction crew -- "rah, rah!") ;)