freefalling2day

Skyventure New Hampshire is on it's way!

Hi All,

Just an update on Skyventure NH that is soon to be located in Nashua, N.H. just off of DW Highway.
We have broken ground and we are now digging our BIG hole. The foundation work will be starting this Monday (9/26). It is really amazing to see the site now. It has come a long way since we burned down the house! We will post some pictures soon.
Thanks and Blue Skies!
Laurie & Rob

Is it not cold into N.H.?
Wouldnt that mean that the tunnel would not run in winter months?

just wondering,

Dave.

Yes,.. it does get cold in NH,.. but we are a recirculating tunnel and will RUN YEAR ROUND!B| We have 2 very large return air towers that have doors on them allowing us to exchange air and cool it if needed. We will be able to control our temperature at all times.
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Yes,.. it does get cold in NH,.. but we are a recirculating tunnel and will RUN YEAR ROUND!B| We have 2 very large return air towers that have doors on them allowing us to exchange air and cool it if needed. We will be able to control our temperature at all times.
Blue Skies!
Laurie

I see that word 'we' in here a lot :D. I'm assuming your in the ownership or management of the project? or just excited about it as a local. I'm assuming the first, so congrats on your new and very expensive project. Can't wait to see updates.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I see that word 'we' in here a lot :D. I'm assuming your in the ownership or management of the project?

No,.. I am not an owner just a tunnel groupie!
Ahh,.. just kidding! The "we" is Rob and myself and WE are the owners. WE are both skydivers and WE are really looking forward to playing in the tunnel ourselves.;)
WE do like talking about our dream project and are happy to answer any questions that people may have.
Thanks and WE hope to see you at our tunnel!
Blue Skies!
Laurie

Hi Dave,

The exact date is hard to say,.. we think March. I will keep posting as the project moves along. The winter weather will play the biggest role in our build time.
I wish I could give you an exact time,.. but I can't at this point. I can tell you that they have poured the first 90 feet of our foundation wall today. They will be pouring again on Friday.

Thanks for asking and we would love to have you come fly in our tunnel.:)
Blue Skies!
Laurie

but we are a recirculating tunnel and will RUN YEAR ROUND!

Is it the same design as the UK tunnel?

www.skyventure.co.uk or www.airkix.com

I heard that the UK tunnel was started up the other day
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Rumours eh!!! well, it may just have been true about Airkix, there may have been some motors running and some people may just have, sort of, flown a bit..... but of course that would just be rumour.

I bet the same rumour might have said what a great, smooth, fast airflow it would have been as well - if the rumour had been true of course....

New Hampshire, Colorado and Moscow will all have similar tunnels to Airkix - and that's a fact!

[:/]

i NOTICED THAT IT IS BESIDE THE OLD CHEMICAL PLANT. iS THIS AREA SAFE I KNOW THERE BEEN NUMEROUS EPA VIOLATION AND THAT 1988 SPILL. WAS THE GROUND AND WATER TESTED. I'M INTERESTED IN COMING THERE BUT IS IT SAFE ENVIROMENTAL WISE.?????????

ALSO ARE YOU DOING MEMBERSHIPS? AND HOW WILL THEY WORK

No reason to move to New England? C'mon, in addition to the kick ass wind tunnel going up, we have 3 Twin Otter DZs within 90 minutes of it! (www.skyjump.com, www.jumptown.com, www.ugojump.com)

Plus we have the Ben & Jerry's factory in VT.....lol

If you've never done a hop n pop from 4000ft from a Cessna when the ground temp is 32 degrees farenhiet on the ground, your missing out! Winter jumping in New England! :P

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

I have no factual information about the situation, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't get permitted if the area was unfit for human habitation. While New Hampshire is the "live free or die" state, they regulate pretty much everything!

I'm looking forward to having a tunnel an hour away like you wouldn't believe!

[attempt at humor on]

Besides -- where is your sense of adventure? What you call a chemical spill, I call a potential swooping pond!

[attempt at humor off]