dicksog

Bodyflight Tunnel UK: I've just flown it!!

Paul

I'm one of the group that came down on Saturday evening and all I can say is great work guys, air feels great and there was even enough space to put together a quick 8 way.

Cheers

Nick

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Hi Nick,

Pleased you all enjoyed yourselves!

We have just put the photo gallery online on our website with a few initial snapshots.... we'll be adding to this shortly and try to get the videos on there soon too.

:)
ps We've got a little glitch with the scroll bar on the photo gallery which we'll also sort soon - in the mean time just go onto a different tab page on the site and when you go back it magically works - sorry!

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Just wondrering why I havnt seen any pics or video of people sit flying or head down? If you could post some that would be great. by the way, way to go on the 16 ft. it must be awesome.

-Bowen

Speaking of video, here's a little initial compilation we have got together thanks to our friend Billy.

www.bodyflight.co.uk/video/bedfordvideo1.wmv

Shows a bit of the testing (errr ok initial playing) that we have done.

Enjoy! ;):)

Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Just wondrering why I havnt seen any pics or video of people sit flying or head down?

Errm because we havent posted any?:P:D

Ok - it is a bit of an ommision and I have been far more focused on getting party ready so appologies for my slow delivery of the goods :$

http://www.bodyflight.co.uk/robsit.jpg
http://www.bodyflight.co.uk/robsit2.jpg

Will take some more photos over the weekend party and hopefully show you some of the worlds best in action!

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

those fluid dynamicists amongst you

Nice, dude... I noticed, even if no-one else did :P

Are there any blocks you weren't able to do? Is there a vid set up or did you have to hire a bloke with a hand-held? (And don't point out all the videos people have posted links to already cos my connection sucks aRse!)

You can do all of the 4 way blocks in there.

Certain blocks need to be started in the right place, (e.g. 2, 8, 22) to ensure no one gets hosed.

You can do 1's and 18's with a little cheating on the back of the 1's, but all in all, I don't think you end up doing too much cheating to get the blocks done.

There is a camera in there, but I'm not sure it's fully hooked up to a back end system. In my opinion, it needs to be moved up a bit more and tilted downwards a little.

Basically.... it's lovely, and Paul and the staff are great too.

Are you over here a week Friday to do some time or are you still in the US of Yankee Doodle Dandy?
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

To Paul and the Bodyflight Team,

I would also like to thank you for the tunnel time and introduction to your facilities.

This really is a great tunnel, I can't believe we have it in England!! Suprised in totally a good way.

The main thing about it is how big it is! If you have flown in the Skyventures (which I really like), you sometime find yourself looking / reaching for the wall..it has to be there..oh there it is!
It is very powerful, there will be no problem for freeflyers, I heard that even with people freeflying in it, it was operating at 60%!!!!

I think due to the tunnel's history, no other tunnel will be made like this again. It is a very solid structure, to make this from scratch would cost.....alot of cash!

The change in speed can be controlled very quickly and the tunnel doesn't have to stop to let people in and out. That is a major benefit.

The only bad thing is that I am going to be spending a lot of £ in there.

Once again, congratulations and Paul and the team, fantastic job!

hey there
i'm gonnabe in the following week in Bedford UK windtunnel and i'm looking for someone to split an hour with.
the idea is to make the rate cheaper (£300 instead of £320 each) and maybe to fly together some of the time so each one can get more then half an hour.
i'm a freeflyer BUT i'm working on my belly skills right now so if anybody is interested just contact me to : [email protected] or 07881678409 (in the UK). i have time booked for 28th but they said i can move it if i notice ahead. so it's flexible.

Thanks
Dan

PS
sorry for posting here but i couldnt find any right category at the classifieds...

OK, much like the other peoples comments... gotta say, it rocked! Only frustrating thing was bashing walls and losing position but im only new to it... If I can master it in the tunnel, i can master it out in the big wide world too. YAY! Ill see you guys and girls again REAL soon :P

Only frustrating thing was bashing walls and losing position

Don't stress - I flew it last night for the f*rst time, and even after 5 minutes and with 180 jumps I was still banging into the walls

B|

That aside I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the tunnel camps next month. I took two non-skydivers along and they had a great time too.

Cheers
Daniel

Yeah was awesome, and i just know if i can crack it in the tunnel with bit of time and effort itll be worth it, I cant wait to jump with my instructors on next level, although I only had 10 mins I reckon ill be much improved.

If nothing else I learnt the importance of relaxing and if all goes wrong JUST ARCH!!!

Although the Bodyflight was broken on saturday when we turned up, I think it would be fair to say that the customer service and ALL the staff are magnificent.

They took time to help us rebook and showed us around the whole complex.

not only was the tunnel very impressive, the staff were ultra excellent (if thats a word that exists!!:S).

They do really try to help accomadate everyone and are exceptionally friendly staff.

A very excellent place, and am lokking forward to trying it out very soon.

If anyone wants to try it, one is guarenteed excellent and proffessional service.

Is Bedford busted?
Just tried to book up for this weekend and was told that bookings are only being accepted for Nov 2nd onwards because maintenance work has forced the tunnel to shut?
Is it really closed already?

Sadly we do have a little gremlin that has risen his head... which has caused us to close for the remainder of this week. We will be open again after the weekend.

Because we have had to cancel a few days of bookings we are giving priority to those people to reschedule which is why we arent taking new bookings for near dates until we have got the cancellations back in the diary (only fair that way)

So in a few days when we have all the rescheduling done we can take bookings again for before 02/Nov.

:SA bit on the frustrating side just because we have had to disappoint a few people... but we have been running pretty much none stop for the last 4 weeks so I suppose its been a stressful checkout of the equipment!

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Slightly off topic I'm afraid as I haven't flown in the Bedford tunnel (or even seen it yet!) but I'm having trouble with the website. I get the header and the page tabs displayed, but there is nothing on the pages. I've tried e-mailing directly to [email protected] but get a failure notice, any ideas anyone or can anyone help?[:/]

Blue ones

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sounds strange! - not something I have seen.... can you let me know the version of browser / OS / flash etc thats on your machine pls (PM me) and I will get our guys to look into it....

We should have non-flash version of the site there soon too.

As for email - not seen probs with that either (get lots!) try me on [email protected]

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk