FrenchyDiver

Tunnels and children

My 9 years old daughter would like to try it.

I would like to hear from those of you who took their kids to tunnels (similar ages of course), as well as from those of you who instruct/operate tunnels:
-Would you let them do it again?
-If not why?
- Indoor ones or open air? I understand that there are higher age restrictions in open air ones (closest to us is Appalachian Amusement Center, 12 y/o minimum)

I have never tried it myself so I cannot give an educated answer to my wife. She has mixed feelings about this, and I will definitely not take our child to a wind tunnel without her consent.

What I am looking after is the pros and cons of young kids in tunnels.

Thanks

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

I took 3 of my 4 kids to the Perris tunnel a couple of weeks ago. 2 are 9 year old girls, and 1 boy that is 3. It was an amazing and awe inspiring experience. The 3 year old was gung ho until we got in the ante-chamber. Then he was a little reluctant, but manned it up and went in anyway. The girls both took the tiger by the tail a both excelled and enjoyed the experience. All 3 can not wait until we go again.

So...

Yes I would take them again, and will as often as my wallett allows.

I dont have any expereience with open air tunnels. So I can only comment on the Perris tunnel. The staff rocks and I never doubted the saftey of my kids for a second...

So go for it they will have a blast...

"Uh oh! This is gonna hurt!"

My son has attended two Airspeed tunnelcamps at SkyVenture indoor tunnels, once at age 10 and again at 12. My concern was not safety, but if he would be able to perform. Silly me. I'll take him to another in the near future, and have no problem recommending the tunnel to parents.

-- Tim's Dad

First let me comment that I personally don't have children and my concerns about tunnel safety are obviously going to be a little different.

But I did attend an Airspeed camp last week and we had a student in the camp who was 15 years old. He performed at an incredible level and safety was stressed thoughout the course. I don't know if that helps anyone or not but I figured I might as well throw out the details of what I saw....

the Airspeed insturctors are incredibly safe and very in tune with the individual needs of every student, and I have nothing but incredibly positive things to say about every one of them.:)
hope this helps a little
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I took my son for the first time when he was 9. My friends joked with me that he did better than I did! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon