Rettrae

Free Perris Tunnel Video?????

Maybe you heard it from one of us tunnel instructors. We'd be happy to. Blank DVD's are welcome too.... RW are the best.

You can bring your own blank DVD's for recording?????????? U bastards ;)

We NEED to get Orlando on this gravy train too :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Damn that would be nice instead of shelling out $5 each time I go for a DVD.

NO DOUBT!!! I CANNOT believe they make you buy that!! That's just not right..
:o:o>:(:o
I thought all the tunnels here in the US allowed you to use their video system at no charge.. of course you would have to provide the media (VHS or DVD)..

Shame on SVO for charging Paige & Ari :(

Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Air,
Dawn Suiter PMTS #3

Shame on SVO for charging Paige & Ari

Have to say I dont think its that harsh to charge for this! the video equipment didnt pay for itself!... although you could argue for the charge maybe a better camera and quality may be in order.

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

your planning on charging your regulars to use the equipment? Now, I'm talking about people who buy ALOT of time EVERY month... just to pop in their own tape or dvd??

I would charge the NON regulars a couple bucks more to offset the cost and provide this service to my regulars at no charge..

And definitely... the quality could be better...:)
Edited to add: I wouldn't charge Paige & Ari for flight time either if I could :P;)

I think its fair to charge the people that use the systems.... and not overcharge others to compensate...

ie.. if I use it 10 times - and someone else uses it once... I pay more! Not sure it needs to be a big charge for a video system (although ours is damn expensive!)

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Shame on SVO for charging Paige & Ari :(

I figured they made enough on DVD's for tourists that they would be able to hook up the repeat flyers, teams, coaches, etc. Guess not :( Time will tell, I'm not giving up hope though. Ron is an awesome guy and does SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for Ari and I.

We really can't complain if that is as bad as it gets for us. This was the worst of it and it really wasn't too terrible; incredibly frustrating to say the least but people make mistakes. There was one month where our time was booked the day before we had wanted to schedule (ex. I wanted to fly at midnight on April 27th/28th since the 28th was my b-day. They claim I booked the time wrong, don't know how since I specifically wanted to fly on my b-day). The managers who only saw that this was happening when they were there and didn't see the pattern of screw ups for the whole month, were quick to judge and rightfully so on their part. However, Ron the HH remedied the situation when he heard the whole story and several special occasions (b-days) that we would not have scheduled wrong. Ron gave us a great deal on time for my B-day, that's why we flew 90min. each that day :)
SVO has been so good to us, each place has to do what they do to stay in business. I don't know what Ron knows, I trust him because he takes care of us. I'm sure when they are able to allow DVD's they will or maybe they will cut us deals on bulk orders of disks from them. I'm sure if I gave them some recommendations Ron would at least consider the options. I just don't have the time.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Have to say I dont think its that harsh to charge for this! the video equipment didnt pay for itself!... although you could argue for the charge maybe a better camera and quality may be in order.

Totally agree. Gotta do what you gotta do. Not everyone does it the same. Doesn't mean one way is better than the other, they are just different approaches.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Well I guess then 2 extra cheers for SVP are in order!! That means I should be able to look forward to free video (providing my own media) in September!!:ph34r: Way cool!

At Flyaway TN, once you buy a tape.. you can bring that tape back and add onto it at no additional charge too..

AAC always free provided you bring an approved "brand" of vhs

Hey Keith!! What about Flyaway LV??:)
Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Air,
Dawn Suiter PMTS #3

Well I guess then 2 extra cheers for SVP are in order!! That means I should be able to look forward to free video (providing my own media) in September!!:ph34r: Way cool!

Hu? I'm so confused

I don't know if it will ever be free for us even if we bring our own disk.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hu? I'm so confused

bout what?:)
Added: Aren't you planning on going too???????????

Are you talking about Perris? I thought you were referring to SVO and SVP was a typo. Ha ha ha ha, I knew I was missing something ;)

No I won't be out there :( I will be finalizing my event that is 2 or 3 weekends later. I still have so much to do and everyone in DeLand operates last minute, I can't get anyone to plan this far ahead for prize donations and what not. I'm expecting total chaos about that time.

Cross your fingers for me though, I hope the fundraiser goes well enough to have interest for next year or the next record attempt. I was thinking about doing this every year so participants can do this during the off year for a little flying fun instead of record attempts. One isn't better, just different stress levels and such.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

your planning on charging your regulars to use the equipment? Now, I'm talking about people who buy ALOT of time EVERY month... just to pop in their own tape or dvd??

Empoyees have to pay also. we get a better price then 5 bucks but we still cant bring in our own discs.

Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Shame on SVO for charging Paige & Ari

Well it IS their equipment, and business to run as they see fit. I don't think it's too much to ask for a RW DVD.

We've had several customers bring in their own budget media and have it not work, then be upset about not having their video.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.