meelahr

fort bragg tunnel

easy. find the MFF comittee, then spend about three paychecks on beer, you'll be a shoe in!!:P

seriously though, the military is pretty strict on not just letting people in to play in there, you would seriously have to be in good with the instructors
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I can become an extension of your body or fit in your bag when you fly in Bragg if you get time?!?! ;) No seriuosly, I would do just about anything to get some time in the Bragg tunnel. That would be beyond sweeet:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

hi all, anyone military here, like myself, that knows how to get time at the Bragg tunnel? if so thx in advance!

Sure, no problem. Transfer to any of the miltary units that have bonafide access to the tunnel and then get a slot to HALO school. Wait, first get qualified in a relevant MOS that will get you an assignment to one of those units. You will get around 30 minutes in the cone in the basic MFF course. Once you pass the course, you can return home to your unit and, if you are filling an MFF billet, your S3 can request time at the facility for train-up purposes. Eligible units generally get the tunnel for one or more entire days at a time depending on what their needs are. The schedule is controlled by the S3 shop of 2nd Bn, 1st Special Warfare Training Group (ABN) which is the office I worked in my last five years in the army. The DSN number to the shop is 239-4011/4420. Ask for Stu or Sonny. "Oppurtunity" scheduling for local units (like the Golden Knights) is heavilly restricted and never a given. Tunnel time at the Matos facility for skydivers without MFF qualifications is incredibly rare these days. Strap hanging on with a scheduled unit is generally the only way non-MFF "skydivers" get in. If you have the quals, are in a SPECOPS unit on Bragg or Pope, and know the OIC or NCOIC of that unit then you might be able to sneak in. You may get some time in the tunnel if you go to GK tryouts as well, but that's not a given.

Good luck,

Chuck

Okay Chuck, if I'm gonna fit in the bag or become an appendage, you can't be logical and rational :P;)

Can I just come along to the tunnel with you next time you show up? I'm sure it would be way better than that bag :D:D
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I have only been in the tunnel one time in the last year, but it was for the entire day (training pre-MFF students).

Back in the day, you would have had no problem getting in the tunnel so long as you wanted to get butt naked in there. One case of Miller Light was all it took to get Alsee to open up early or stay late for "the regulars." Those times are long, long gone.

Chuck

Strap hanging on with a scheduled unit is generally the only way non-MFF "skydivers" get in. If you have the quals, are in a SPECOPS unit on Bragg or Pope, and know the OIC or NCOIC of that unit then you might be able to sneak in. You may get some time in the tunnel if you go to GK tryouts as well, but that's not a given.

Or you could be a contractor with a Spec ops unit....See you in July;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I finally got into the Fort Bragg tunnel after trying for about 2 straight years. I had to play Army games though which meant strapping a rucksack to my already oversized training military rig - it was an awesome experience though! The air in that tunnel is awesome!:)
I've been to the Orlando tunnel as well and much prefer the openness of the Ft. Bragg tunnel. I could see it be a bit hard to control though outside a military environment.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Oh I see. Get a hook up and don't invite your Maid-of-Honor.>:( I'm not feeling the love. That's it I'm over you!:P

BWAHAHAHAHA - dude, I don't even have time to check my e-mail let alone plan something like that!!!

Miss ya, babe! Can't wait to see you guys again and throw down!;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here