Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

It was great to watch them train lastnight. Great flying guys and I look forward to spending some time in there with you all.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I was the guy in the black coat talking with the fireguys. I was trying to pick out which you were but it was hard because I kept trying to find the cool looking guy under canopy.
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.

Are they taking reservations yet?

I've had a short time slot in April reserved for around a month now.:)

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

I kept trying to find the cool looking guy

That was your mistake, right there....

I now owe Remi one embarasing moment when he is next in a wind tunnel or in the air with me.

>:(

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Kelli - With Mary away on some pointless, "non-tunnel" activity , I'm counting on you to post some new pictures next week.

I heard that! Setting a new World Record is hard work:P

I'll be home late Sunday night, things better be looking good!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Tom,
There are still slots open for the tunnel camp.

Feel free to give me a call and we can talk.

For those of you that don't know, the tunnel has been up and running for about a week now. The tunnel instructors are on the final path to getting checked out.

Stay tuned for some exciting announcements to be posted about what can be expected for next week.

We've been flying people non stop every evening this week, and with the temps in the low 20's last night, they were all toasty warm.

My boys will be flying tonight and I won't have a care in the world knowing they will be safe and warm.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I was in CO last week eating at the sushi place next door (GREAT F-ing sushi BTW). It didn't look very close to completion from the outside. Lights were on, people inside, no noise...as in not running (both nights I was nearby), and the whole area was still under construction inside and out, no parking lot etc. They seem to have a little ways to go before they are ready for the public.

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Dude just because there was no noise doesn't mean it wasn't running . . . that baby is super-quiet--the only time it got anywhere close to noisy was when they cranked it up for head down flying. When I visited I couldn't tell if they were flying or not until I was walking up the stairs, seriously. Man I can't wait! (thanks for the tour btw!).

I was in CO last week eating at the sushi place next door (GREAT F-ing sushi BTW). It didn't look very close to completion from the outside. Lights were on, people inside, no noise...as in not running (both nights I was nearby), and the whole area was still under construction inside and out, no parking lot etc. They seem to have a little ways to go before they are ready for the public.

Funny, last time I was there, the staff and owner of said sushi place were flying in the tunnel... he he he

The last 10% always looks bad, but goes quickly... And since the fans have hours of time on them already, that is all that matters...

I flew in the tunnel yesterday. It looks to me like they are ready at least for a temporary certificate of occupancy. They did some things like temporarily completing their stair rails. That costs money, and isn't necessary for construction, only if they are going for a C of O.

As for the parking lot and all the nearby construction: The tunnels parking lot is complete except for the final layer of asphalt. Again, enough to get a C of O. All the other construction you saw was neighboring property.

Looks to me like they should be in business very soon. Anyone want to bet on Tuesday next week? Mary?

My review of the tunnel, as a 4-way junkie:

I only had 4 minutes of flight time, and that was just doing 2-ways, so some of my observations may not be completely substantiated by future experience.

The airflow seems to be much smoother than the other tunnels, although there still appears to be the drop-out of airflow when someone is exiting. During 4-way, when someone is going to be near the door, this may still be a problem. It's less of a problem at Eloy, because there is more room (so you can be further from the door), and because there is a greater volume of air being moved overall, so the volume of air being pushed out the door is less on a percentage basis.

Noise level, both inside and outside the air chamber, seems to be the least of any tunnel I have been in. It's much easier to converse in the antechamber.

It was warm! 16 degrees outside, 70 degrees in the tunnel. I flew comfortably without gloves.

It's going to be a great facility!

Brian

All the other construction you saw was neighboring property

OK, that changes things. The area I was speaking of is fenced in, all torn up, ungraded, front end loaders, etc. Looked like a couple weeks work if it was going to be a parking lot.

I saw it at night after several drinks and a couple Yami-yami rolls. So don't take my opinion for gospel!:D

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Ok so I was hanging around the tunnel and I got some time in there. MAN THIS THING IS SWEEEEEET! It was -7 according to the news and I wasnt the least bit cold.

I learned a bit in a few minutes....cant wait to see how much I can learn in 1 hour...B| Over all I am pretty happy for my first time in there. I managed to not crash into the wall...lol

here are the pictures!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/Boostedxt/skykat.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/Boostedxt/Tunnel1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/Boostedxt/Tunnel2.jpg

Thanks everyone! oh and everyone should do this...
Joe:)