Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

Personally I don't drink and get in the tunnel to fly. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that wants to waste their time or energy doing that.

Ever see the "behind closed doors with Joan Lunden" wind tunnel episode? I epitomized the term "hung over" when we did that.

Chuck

Thank you for the reminder... I just back from a frozen motorcycle ride (battery needs a workout every once in a while)... I nuked some popcorn and in 2.5 minutes caught it on fire... Put it out, still trying to get the smoke out of my place... Made some new popcorn, and sat down and said, "I was going to do something before I froze off my ass and caused my eyes to water with smoke..."

For some reason, the talk of being hung over reminded me, I was going to watch Fandango (hence the popcorn) for a good laugh before bed...

Anyway, thanks for the reminder... (And, the Colorado winter evening motorcycle ride reminded me why this tunnel will be recalculating – just guys, please don’t fart or burn popcorn, because it will not leave the tunnel.). :P

Tash, you will just have to make a point to come out and visit. There will be plenty to keep you busy;)

Lastest update from the big guy:

Contractor goes in today. That is the final piece of the flow path. Then it is just finish the close of the building and electrical.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Do you guys have any plans (tentative or otherwise) to have tunnel camps any time in the first 1/2 of 2006? I'm wanting to book a camp soon, and CO would be the easiest place to get to for me....

Why YES! What dates are you looking at and what are you looking for in a tunnel camp?

~first time in a tunnel
~four way camp
~learn to FF?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Why YES! What dates are you looking at and what are you looking for in a tunnel camp?

~first time in a tunnel
~four way camp
~learn to FF?

I'm flexible on dates, nothing specific in mind. Mainly I wanted to see if camps are going to be scheduled in the future. I've got family in Denver, so its worth me waiting and going there rather than going to Orlando or AZ.

I'm looking at improving improving my belly flying and will be my first time in a tunnel. The Airspeed camps at Orlando & AZ are what I previously had my eyes on.

I'm flexible on dates, nothing specific in mind.

I'm looking to arrange something in April, our March camp fell through. We are seriously considering Colorado depending on the availability of good coaches for hire. I'll keep you in the loop if you want to join us...

Mary - This tunnel shows up as a12 ft, 1200 hp vs 1000 hp for the other tunnels? Is that to compensate for the altitude or the recirc path?, or will you get more air speed availability anyway?

Do you have panels for the chamber walls, or is it a real circle like AZ?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We are seriously considering Colorado depending on the availability of good coaches for hire. I'll keep you in the loop if you want to join us...

Yes... please do :)

if its not to much trouble please keep me posted as well. Once its up and running, it will be the closest to me. im willing to drive 12 hours 1 way for just 1 hour worth of time in a tunnel ;) Any camp to improve belly flying skills would be great!

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

if its not to much trouble please keep me posted as well. Once its up and running, it will be the closest to me. im willing to drive 12 hours 1 way for just 1 hour worth of time in a tunnel ;) Any camp to improve belly flying skills would be great!

Sure - We picked a weekend, now I have to check on time/coach availability at various tunnels. I'll PM you both.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you push flyable air through that thing by Dec. 31st, the US will remain in the lead for the most operation tunnels :P (by a year end count anyway)

My fingers are crossed!

Otherwise the headlines will read something like "Europe ties US with operation tunnels..

Do test flights count?