Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

Is this tunnel going to be in the mall where 25 and 470 meet on the South side of town, or is it going to be over in Westminster off of 36?

This photo was made prior to the Brunswick being built. The Brunswick would be dead-center in the photo:

http://www.dimensional.com/~ryoder/tunnel.gif

(Ignore the map pin)

Edited to add: Westminster would not issue permits. It is going into Lone Tree.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yes, it is true. We have laid the ground work for three years. Our foundation took 1 month, the return air towers took 6 days and the steel in the picture is two days. We are a year round, all weather recirculating tunnel. Flight chamber is viewable to The Entertainment District of Lone Tree, Colorado, next to Park Meadows Mall. Bowling, Theaters, Putt Putt and lots of dining. 1200 hp of Unlimited Freefall, Unlimited Fun. See you soon.
Norm

The cooling is done by the louvers on the return air towers. No AC and no heat added. The movement of the airflow and the heat off of the motors will heat the air. The louvers are closed to keep the heat in and opened to cool the tunnel off.
If you want to see one that is partially built go to www.airkix.com and check out "pix & flix"
Colorado and New Hampshire will be the first of this type in the US but UK is going first.
By the way,... I don't know how long a fart will smell in the tunnel but we are moving a million cfm.
Blue Skies!
Laurie
Skyventure NH

Darn, you beat me to it. I was going to head down there next week and get some pictures to post.

You should do it anyways, because next week it'll be closer to being done:P And then the week after I'll do it;)

The website has also been updated check it up.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

SkyVenture Colorado is a state-of-the-art 12 foot, recirculating 1200 HP wind tunnel. It will be located in Lone Tree, Colorado just south of Denver.

So, a trip out this way to snowboard, play in the tunnel, and then make some skydives, is a great idea. Where else can you get all that?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Where else can you get all that?

you had to ask!!;)

not that our dz's or resorts COMPARE...
but
2 dzs, 2 ski resorts, & 2 tunnels... where?
The Smoky Mountains of course!!!

but still HAIL to colorado.. now I have two reasons to head out there!!! Endless skiing and a beautiful SkyVenture!!! Can't beat that!!! Hey Mar.. how far to Moab from there... any idea?

how far to Moab from there

Well if you drive like I do:ph34r: I stop a lot. I like to get out and see the tourist areas and get some great pictures.

Last time I drove to Moab, from my house to the DZ, it took me eight hours:o Remember, I stop a lot.

You'll have to head out here this winter and hit the tunnel and the slopes with me.

See you in a few weeks.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

She turns 1 in 14 days. I wonder when I can throw her in there... Can you imagine having 15 years or so of realative work experience and then going on your first aff. You could potentially give the jumpmasters a crazy run for their money lol ;):D

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I'm just imagining having fifteen one year olds with a year of RW experience in the tunnel turning points ...

the best part is you could probably fit fifteen one year olds in a 12, hell in the eloy tunnel you could do one year old big ways:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I can see it from my home....the beige building in the back round, I live directly opposite of that.

joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Because...:)
I did at one time offer my couch to anyone flying in to use the tunnel. All I ask for is a couple minutes.:D

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.