eeneR

Most amout of time....

What is the most amout of time you have done in one day?? and how much time did you have at that point?

I know the tunnel rats, and coaches do many many hours.....but what about everyone else? who are not as tuned in yet?
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I know before I had a good "tunnel bod" (not looking but in shape for long flights) it was a half hour in one day but I never had the opportunity to fly more. The sessions were 2 min in 2 min out for the hour. I was sore the next day but not as bad as I thought. I had a few hours at that point but it wasn't much.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

What is the most amout of time you have done in one day?? and how much time did you have at that point?

I did 1.5 hours on the first day a tunnel camp last month. Split between two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. No issues, but like everything you do start to become a bit less productive towards the end.

I had done about 3 hours tunnel time before this.

1st time in.... 30 minutes in 2 15 minute sessions. I was the only customer booked, so I was in for 2.5 minutes, out for .5 while my coach gave me the next learning objective. The VHS tape shows 36 minutes of time, I flew 31, the rat 5. That means I had a total of 5 minutes rest, or 2.5 minutes rest per 15 minute session...

Kicked my butt - but I learned very quickly.... When you are out for 30 seconds - your body does not have time to forget what it just learned... But at the same time, it is hard to hear what your coach is saying when you are still on information overload... I wish I had 1 minute off, not 30 seconds, for that first time in... Not for my body, but for my brain.
So - first day - 30 minutes was the max I would even think about telling a friend to do.

But - the next time I went to the tunnel - I flew 45 minutes a day, half in the morning, half in the evening, with 6 skydives between... Did that 4 days in a row... Was not sore or tired... Wanted much more, but the $ + bookings by others kept me grounded...

Next time I would have no problem with 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the evening if my wallet would cooperate.

I have flown for a solid hour at Bragg. They used to let me in during lunch and I would get in the cone and fly the entire hour. I have flown for a solid 45 min at SV Orlando after I helped put in the first honeycomb air straightner.

In one DAY? I have no idea, I know I have had a few marathon sessions in the Bragg tunnel when I was there coaching the SOCOM boys. We had 8 hours a day for three days.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Wow that was ambitious girlie:);) Way to go!

Like your sig line to btw. I've got good pain pills too but I wish I didn't :( With my hip, I'll probably have percosets for a very long time but at least they make the pain stop.:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

One weekend we were flying in the tunnel on a Friday night, two hours between four of us. Then on a Saturday we did two hours again between four of us. On Sunday evening, I did an hour with just two of us. The other guy stopped after about 20 mins and I had the rest of the time with Olaf:)
I didn't have a problem getting to sleep that night:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I've done several days with an hour in a day and I think my top is an hour and a half in one day. I didn't find it too taxing as long as it was spread out throughout the day. I will add that my first time in the tunnel (at 10 jumps) was much more taxing than any other trip since.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Wow that was ambitious girlie:);) Way to go!

It was ambitious of boxman to coach me into a stag position that resulted in my jumpsuit coming totally unzipped too. I'll spare the rest of the details, but that night at the tunnel was definitely PG13! :D:D

Like your sig line to btw. I've got good pain pills too but I wish I didn't

I've got tramadol for my back. It doesn't make me drowsy but alleviate the pain when I'm at work, which is perfect. Hopefully after some tests tomorrow we'll find out what exactly is wrong. [:/]

A couple of weeks before Nats, my teammates & I were in decent enough tunnel shape to fly about 48 to 50 minutes out of an hour. We'd hop out long enough to quickly dirt dive the next one and then get back in. The tunnel rat would get to use the time the chamber was empty, or one of us would try (key word = try) to knee fly while peeking out to see the whiteboard. After debriefing, we'd do another 30 minutes - 15 minutes each for front & back pieces. We all had great lats! I miss training. [:/]

Post-neck surgery, I could barely fly 3 2-minute rotations. It's gotten a lot better, but without having the motivation of a team to train for, my tunnel condition is just ehh.

Frequent fliers: do you think performance deterioration is more physical or mental? Is there a saturation point?

I was supposed to split 30 min 3 ways (each doing 5 2min slots) 1 Peep didn't show. I ended up doing two way practice for about 12 min straight, then a 1 min break, and then another 12 min or so. I was trying to cup my shoulders forward the whole time to generate enough lift to fly with the other guy. Did 4 skydives that day as well.

This was Wed. I am still feeling it in my upper pecs today. (Sat.)
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Frequent fliers: do you think performance deterioration is more physical or mental?

Physical deterioration leads to mental.

Skydiving is not rocket science.

Is there a saturation point?

I don't think you should tunnel for more than 1 min if you are pushing it for 4way. Marathon sessions just bring endurance, which is good, but for speed one min all out. Its part of an overall training plan.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I heard the golden nights do a couple of hours a day, not sure if this is accurate though.

That is not accurate. If they can get the time they do, but they do not have magical ownership or priority powers over the Matos tunnel. When they are in there normally it's from five to eight AM, before the real users show up to train. In their favor, it does help that the last three guys who have run the facility are former GK's. The time they get in there is "off the clock" and therefore the operator is doing it in his freetime. The real hours of operation at the Matos tunnel are 0800-1700 (with an hour break from 1200-1300).

I did a 4way tunnel camp over Xmas with Gary Smith and Rusty Lewis. My three buddies and I each bought 1.5 hours to start off and then ended up purchasing another 30-45 minutes. It was pretty intense. We did 45 minutes the first day usually with just a coach and the second day we got some time in there together and doing 2ways. I think on the second day we any one of us probably did just over an hour of tough 4way training in there. Remember to stretch between sessions, it really helps.

Pulled together our camp - as a team we bought 7 hours (2,2,2 and one teamamte bought 1)

I've pulled actual flying time and with sharing we each did around 5 hours of flying each over three days. We shared a lot, especially toward the end of the camp. It was easy enough physically, but we were mentally bushed by the middle of the third day. Water is a great thing.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As you experienced this tunnel camp....1 hour per day plus was what we did. B|

*The plus is that we did the 4 minute drills so we were hopping in the tunnel with everyone. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.