MWGemini

Experience requirements for 2 ways and above

Hello,

I've done 25 minutes in the Orlando tunnel and have recently joined a beginner 4 way team. We would like to schedule some tunnel time later on this year when our schedules and finances allow. My question is: what experience levels are required to be able to do 2 ways and larger in the tunnel? I highly doubt we could get all 4 of us in there at once, but definitely 2 and possibly three.

In the 25 minutes I have flown in the tunnel, I've done a few 2 ways, but nothing larger. I currently have 56 jumps. The other members of my team are approximately the same skill level. The most experienced has about 70 jumps and one hour in the tunnel. The least experienced has about 40 jumps and no tunnel time.

We want to share the time so that we can share costs and also train together. Your advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Mike

Generally if the instructor doesn't think you are going to kill yourself or the other person you are good to go.

For the most part. Just let them know what is going on and what your goals are for the time. I'm sure the safety guys will keep ya in one piece. If you guys need some 4-way coaching Ari is available I'm sure. He was 5th with CrossKeys Down To Earth at Nationals 2004.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm sure Paige wasn't being gender specific. If so, I would have pointed out that I'm the only guy on the team.

Judging from the responses I've got so far, looks like 2 ways will be our best bet for now. We just have to come up with the time and money to get down there.

Mike

Ohhhh good :):D

Well, I know that I usually work with Ari as my coach so I'm bias. Sorry about that guys! Everyone at the tunnel knows I think the world of them and am ALWAYS open to their worlds of wisdom. I wish they would help me more than they do but its tough to ask my friends to coach me when they can't get paid for it :( I can't even tip em >:(. I am going to make a point of it to leave some beer for them the next time I am there ;) If I lived in Orland I'd be able to make it up in food and drinks but since I'm in DeLand its a little tougher.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Your lowest natural skill team member needs to "catch up".

Jump numbers isn't necessarily a guide, so... I'd do a 1 on 1 with your coach and let him/her work out an airtime rota based on who needs the most work=needs the most tunnel time.

As individuals/cost this may not seem fair but as a team its the best way to get the best result. Your weakest link is what will hold you back.

Moral of the story, be a low timer and join a team keen to invest in improving.