Bodyflight.Net

Tunnel Flying Profiles as of 03/09/05

Hi my name is Nick aka Fish...

I have now 10 minutes in the Perris windtunnel. Did 6 on my belly and 4 on my back.

Was a great experience and waiting for a tunnel closer to home...

Might get time in England, Paris and Zurich... Soon...

got an hour in Bedford (belly) and 20 minutes backflying in Zurich (that was today)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

HI DAWN -

I'm Bill - It's been nearly 11 months since my last visit

I have:
About half an hour at Flyaway in TN
12 hours at Skyventure, OR

most all of the Skyventure time is coached tunnel camps for 4-way skills. I'm type A about RW and type B about FF, so I won't spend the extra for FF stuff in the tunnel.
I'm organizing a big group for next week at Orlando where about 5 of us are becoming real addicts. My daughter (9) will be in there for their first ever tunnel visit.

Let's bump that total time to about 20 hours after the 2005 and 2006 camps. We're working to a perris camp in the spring. The daughter now has about an hour (and a tunnel PMS number)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The daughter now has about an hour (and a tunnel PMS number)

Whooooo! Keep her flying :)
Here she is at her induction, I had so much fun!!!!

Tunnel Profile:
SkyVenture Orlando ~ 120 hrs.

Flyaway Las Vegas ~7 hrs.

Appalachian Amusement Center ~3 hrs.

Fly Away Piegon Forge ~5 min.

VR Skydiving(portable tunnel) ~1 hr.

SkyVenture Arizona ~3.5 hrs.

SkyVenture NH ~1.5 hrs.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hello,
My name is Brad and I'm a wind tunnel junkie. I've been working for Flyaway Las Vegas for almost 4 years now. I'm addicted to flight, and flying different wind tunnels. The difference in tunnels is fun to learn to adjust to.
~60 hours Flyaway Las Vegas
10 minutes Perris
30 minutes Free Fall Xtreme New Zealand
45 minutes Eloy
15 minutes Flyaway Tn
~1 hour AAC
30 minutes Denver

It's been 5 days since my last flight and the withdrawl symptoms are nearly unbearable.

Anyone traveling to Vegas should contact me, I'd love to fly with you!
Brad Hess
Manager
Vegas Indoor Skydiving

Hi....my name is Jenn and I am a tunnel junkie. I have actually quit skydiving in favor of just tunnel flying. Here are my stats:
TUNNELS FLOWN - 8 hours 05 minutes
SkyVenture Orlando - 3 hours 41 minutes
SkyVenture Perris - 25 minutes
AAC - 3 hour 55 minutes
FlyAway Pigeon Forge - 5 minutes
It's gonna be a stretch, but I am gonna try to get to 10 hours before the end of 2006! Wish me luck! Hello to all my other fellow tunnel junkies.
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

the BIGGER questions.. is WHY are you in such a hurry??? I mean, it's already short enough as it is! If I can make the freefall last longer, I'm THRILLED!! Perhaps you could learn to fall slower?

Best quote EVER Dawn, you are a smart one.

Brett Butler aka Gangle at Flyaway Vegas (6'7" + 175 lbs you get the picture) Flyaway Instructor for almost 2 years so tons of time there plus another hour or so at Venture Colorado.

P.S. This post is neat

Don't disrespect just because you can't hang in my tunnel. Here's to blue skys and cool recirculating tunnels.

Hi Dawn,

It's Darlene. Do you still have that silver and lavender infinity container?

I love tunnel flying, and have not really logged my time, so I am going to try to remember. (unlike my skydives which I log meticulously)
I made my first tunnel flight at Action Park in Vernon NJ and went there twice. (4 minutes)
I went out to Las Vegas and did Flyaway on two separate occasions. (4 minutes)
I have gone to Skyventure Orlando once a year almost every year since they opened, but generally only get about five minutes each time.
(Just got back from a session on Wednesday) (about 50 minutes total)
I introduced about 50 teachers, who were at a Kennedy Space Center NASA conference for the Network of Educator Astronaut Teachers, to Wind Tunnel flying last June, so hopefully that will spread the word in the schools across our nation.
And I am planning a trip up to Skyventure New Hampshire for this winter for our dz.
I enjoy just playing in the tunnel and working on freeflying.

So I would guestimate that I have only about an hour or so of tunnel time. Not nearly enough:( MUST HAVE MORE!

How do you guys keep track of how much time you do?

I recon i have.....
50 hours at Bodyflight Bedford (Fun time, not working)
40 minutes in SVO
30 minutes in Airkix
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

My name is Dave and I'm an addict , it's been 2 days since my last flight ... It was my first time in a tunnel .. I drove down to NH from Canada and did 6 min and had my daughter in for 4 min . all I can say is WOW what an amazing tool .... the staff at NH are great too very helpfull
I will be back down in March for an hour at least ....THANK YOU NH FOR A NEW ADDICTION

For the most part I think people who work in the industry just estimate the amount of time they have flying. For myself I have been working at Flyaway Las Vegas for almost 2 years and just figuring my average flight time per week over that period I'm around 20 to 25 hours

Don't disrespect just because you can't hang in my tunnel. Here's to blue skys and cool recirculating tunnels.

I have no clue how much tunnel time I have. But I keep all the receipts, so at least I know how much my addiction has cost me so far...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

If I've paid for coaching I've logged the time tediously. I also use the log book for contact info from friends I visit at those tunnels. In addition to my flight time, I count the time I spend coaching because it got too hard to keep it seperate. Way more fun flying than coaching though.

I have no clue how much tunnel time I have. But I keep all the receipts, so at least I know how much my addiction has cost me so far...

I cringe when I think about this. I go to my online account where I cry at the $ I've lost to the tunnel lol. I could have had a really nice house by now :o:D I guess I'd have to know where I want to live more than a year out before buying a house though lol!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I have a really hard time figuring out how much I fly, since I fly after hours or during breaks in classes, it's adhoc on how much I get to fly at a time. Derek thinks I'm probably around 5+ hours since last Feb.
Fly it like you stole it!

I'm Chantelle and I'm a future tunnel-junkie. I have tunnel time booked at Bedford for February and I'm so excited I can hardly see straight. I have been counting the days ever since I paid my deposit! B|
In our country we have no wind tunnels so this is a very exciting prospect but if I get addicted I might have to emigrate! B|B|

-Chanti-

Hi Dawn,
It's Darlene. Do you still have that silver and lavender infinity container?

Hey Darlene! Good to see you in here.
I do actually still have the container, although it is NOT in my posession. I haven't even jumped it in fact :o (I should owe beer or something for that shouldn't I:P)

It's with a rigger friend of mine in Virginia, and it's in the same pristine condition you gave it to me in, in fact, no one has jumped it since, and I have decided that I should go ahead and sell it. :| I haven't actually done anything yet to sell it, but I am ready.

Thanks for remembering, it's not that I don't just love the idea, it's just that I haven't jumped since shortly after I got it, and I don't intend to be jumping anytime soon. I figure after a couple of years, it's probably better off in someone's hands who will give it some use. After all it IS an Infinity :P

I just got back from SkyVenture New Hampshire, my 3rd trip up there since August, and I just love it. You will all have such a fabulous time!! Enjoy!!

Hi my names Dave. and im a tunnel addict.....(i am typing while thinking im in alcoholic's Anonymous... but with a bit more fun)....lol

some know me as Danny.. i have flown in Parris Areokart, Orlando, Perris, Fly Away Vegas and Bedford.

Dont care to remember how much money i have spent in tunnels but its a fair bit im sure...

Figured i had to get a job that would pay me enough to go in the tunnel as much as i wanted or get a job in a tunnel......

So im now working at Bedford ....YIPPEEEE.

Id just like to say Thanks to those of you at Flyaway Vegas, ( They gave us some time for the hell of it)
We had such a laugh in this tunnel, took me lots of beer to get the smile off my face, and maybe cause i lost at craps too but hey cant win em all...

20 more minutes last friday in Zurich...
so now that's
10' Perris
40' Zurich
60' Bedford

and going in 10 days for 60' at Airkix

That shit is f*cking addictive.

Went to Airkix for 1 hour, my dealer asked me if i wanted 15' more, how could I resist...

so now
10' Perris
40' Zurich
60' Bedford
75' Airkix
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM