Bodyflight.Net

Tunnel Flying Profiles as of 03/09/05

So... it's been mentioned.. many of you wanted a spot on the member profiles... so, in leiu of that.. I wondered why not just a thread where we can list our CURRENT tunnel profile.. ? It's a start...:)
AHEM..

My name is Dawn, I've been a tunnel junkie since 1997 and it's been 4 days since my last flight.
Since I started I've flown:
15 hours @ Powerflyte -
4 hours 5 min @ Flyaway Indoor Skydiving TN -
50 min @ SkyVenture
3.5 hours at Lifted Entertainment/X-treme Air
1 hour 5 min at ADREN-L-N
11 hours 25 minutes at AAC's L-1 VWT

I'm not a hot shot stunt flyer.. just a solid flyer & prefer freestyle maneuvers to freeflying... I'm not an instructor just a fun flyer.

Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Tunnels,
Dawn Suiter

HI DAWN -

I'm Bill - It's been nearly 11 months since my last visit

I have:
About half an hour at Flyaway in TN
12 hours at Skyventure, OR

most all of the Skyventure time is coached tunnel camps for 4-way skills. I'm type A about RW and type B about FF, so I won't spend the extra for FF stuff in the tunnel.
I'm organizing a big group for next week at Orlando where about 5 of us are becoming real addicts. My daughter (9) will be in there for their first ever tunnel visit.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Started flying in tunnels about 1996
Have about (I don't log Tunnel time)
Coleman, FL. ~1 hour
SkyVenture, Orlando. ~100 hours
Matos VWT, Ft.Bragg. ~20 hours

It has been 6 days since my last flight.
My next flight will be 30 min on Saturday (Oh I hope not...Its at 2 AM B|) Or being one of three coaching 23 hours the 18th/19th/20th
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hi! My name is Renee and im a tunnel addict. I was introduced to the crack tunnel Oct of 2004. My original pre second time in should have been in Orlando two weeks later, but as things worked out I got to go to the Perris tunnel while was there.

10 min Skyventure Perris
2 hours 4 min Skyventure Orlando
Scheduled for 2 more hours April 2005 in Orlando again!

mmmm tunnel
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

It's been 10 minutes since my last tunnel fix, it's foggy an wet and I've got to go back in an 20 minutes.

I haven't kept close track but I figure between 10 and 12 hours of time in the air, and WAY more than that in the chamber.

I'm a SKyVenture approved instructor, and coach through much of the progression. (Not signed off for head down *yet*)

I love my job, and what the tunnel has done for my flying. Looking foward to much more!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hi, I'm Cora and a tunnel addict. :D:):D

I currently have 2 hours and 20 minutes in the Orlando tunnel and am scheduled for 2 more hours in April. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

My name is Heather, and I'm a tunnel addict. It's been 3 weeks since my last flight. I don't keep logs, but I have roughly:

3 minutes in the Flyaway Las Vegas tunnel
25 minutes in the Perris Skyventure
Almost 3.5 hours in the Orlando Skyventure

I don't have any more time scheduled right now. :( However, I will most likely be in Orlando for a week in July, and most likely won't be able to keep myself away while there (while money should be an issue, when I'm there, it's just not!). It's just a good thing for my bank account that I don't live near a tunnel (especially because my husband is an addict, too! :S). But, it seems like Florida has been my home away from home this year (already been to Orlando twice), and is continuing to be so. We are going to Tampa next month, and a side trip to the tunnel was on the itinerary until we found out how much we are about to owe in taxes. >:( I'm not giving up, though...I'm starting a part-time job! :D

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Hi tunnelrats, bunnies, and whatever you can throw into a column of air...

My name is Andy and I live in Zurich Switzerland, not too far from the tunnel.
Although my first flight in there was in 1991, just two weeks after it opened, it took me 8 years to get seriously addicted.

I've enjoyed about

30 minutes in the swiss mobile tunnel
1 hour in Cairo, Egypt
2 hours in Genting, Malaysia

and over 60 hours in Zurich, Switzerland

My last flight in there was 2 weeks ago, just before I left for Korea.
Hopefully, if they can keep the promise to restart operations soon, my next one will be in Korea in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Of course, what I love most in my life is my wife
... but tunnelflying/freefalling comes just after ! B|

What does showing your hours mean?

Dedicated to improving skills?:)Addicted to that big tin can?:S
How much of paycheck we have managed to blow on the tunnel???B|

ps last time there was last month
hours in tunnel (each) over twice our freefall time...wow....:o

mp

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Hi I’m Ron and I’m an addict.
I have 1 hour in the Orlando tunnel and 4 in the Perris tunnel. It’s been just over a month since my last binge. I hit another low this week when I told my boss I needed to take yet another business trip to San Diego in about a month. Of course I’ll stay over Saturday night to get the discounted airfare, ‘cause I’m a dedicated company man. Sure all my meal receipts I turn into the company for reimbursement will read “The Bombshelter” across the top of them. Is that wrong?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I wonder if the tunnel has taken up insurance covering - and written a formal waiver specifically on the issue of - addiction.:o I really feel there should be more warnings. I hold this against my coaches from last year!! And the Orlando SkyVenture.

I flew 4,5 hours and have been in agony since leaving the tunnel. Now I will need to go there every single year! (Sharing 12 hours with my 4way team in April/May):S:P

My name is Paige, I've been a tunnel junkie since 2003 and it's been 10 days since my last flight. I fly this Thurs. Good luck getting tunnel time in Orlando this time of year :D

Since I started I've flown:
15 hours @ Skyventure Orlando - mostly freeflying
15 minutes @ Flyaway Indoor Skydiving Las Vegas -

I'm also a flyer who just has fun. Hopefully I will be competing soon so the tunnel time will kick up even another notch :)
My favorite thing about the tunnel is taking new people and going with friends. I get so excited to see others having a good time or learning new skills. Something about sharing all the fun with everyone. I'm all about the more the merrier.

edited to add: Great post Dawn! THANX!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Hi, my name is Brian, and it's been six hours since my last flight :)
I started going to the tunnel about a year ago. The first few times the satisfaction lasted for days. Then after while it started disappearing sooner and sooner. Now, as soon as I get out, I'm ready to go back in. [:/]

I've got two hundred sixty eight minutes in the tunnel so far. I can belly fly and back fly. I am currently working on sit flying. B|

I know I can stop anytime. It just that I want to keep going. Once I learn how to fly head down, I'll stop, or at least cut back. I know I will. After all, I only do it because I want to do it. :S

is there any way i can get you tunnel rats to fall a little faster when you decide to come jump out of a plane?:)

can't speak for anyone else.. but I've never jumped with anyone whos fall rate I couldn't match... been with some light as a feather and others as heavy as standard gear will fit.. no problem...

the BIGGER questions.. is WHY are you in such a hurry??? I mean, it's already short enough as it is! If I can make the freefall last longer, I'm THRILLED!! Perhaps you could learn to fall slower?

Hi, I'm Andi, and I'm such a tunnel addict that I don't even know how many hours I have.

Some in Orlando.

A whole bunch more in Perris.

I'm gonna guess at around 30-40 hours total. But I'm in there so much I don't even keep track anymore.

Now THAT'S a true tunnel-holic!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

WELCOME PAIGE (yes it IS all about the fun!)

All things willing, I'll be having some of that fun with Ari up your way this summer :)
Ari is now accessorised with garb from a tunnle he hasn't even flown. I was desperate for x-mas gifts (sorta last min :D what do you get the guy who has all he wants?!?) for him and your web site was perfect, boxers and shirts are great. :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com