Buried

Orlando Tunnel

Hey All,

I'm going to be in the orlando area between the 16th-19th of March and would like to get some tunnel practice in. Would I get something out of it just going by myself without a coach? Any one have any pointers (other than those is some recent threads) or would want to meet up? Clicky

thx

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Zach - We have a coached tunnel camp the 18th - 20th. All our time is committed by the 16 people, but if anyting opens up between now and then I'll contact you as a fill in. PM to me a cell number just in case if you want to.

If you want to get time, you need to contact a coach or Skyventure RIGHT NOW. It books weeks and months ahead of time, but if you're just looking for a 15 minute slot or so, you might get in.

If you book time during this period, let me know, maybe one of the coaches would hire out for a short bit if your session doesn't conflict with our camp - maybe not, we have a pretty full schedule for those guys - :ph34r::ph34r::D only way to find out though is to ask.

Whatever happens, stop by and look for the guy that looks like my picture.(over there, to the left) You might also get to make some contacts with some really good coaches if they are around.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you book time during this period, let me know, maybe one of the coaches would hire out for a short bit if your session doesn't conflict with our camp - maybe not, we have a pretty full schedule for those guys -

I already have one side gig on Sunday;)

I am also going to the tunnel Thursday...

The tunnel is VERY full....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes, there is a code. Sorry I didn't give it to you.

Call again, and say - Camps are 'festerful'. Then she'll clue you in. If she plays dumb still, ask for the manaager and repeat the festerful remark and insist it's ok to let you know about the camps.

my bad - hope this helps

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I already have one side gig on Sunday;)

What, isn't one team, 10 individuals and 2 kids enough to keep you guys busy? It's a bitch to schedule and still get it so people are sharing as much as they think they should/can. :S

That's it, our mission is to wear out the coaches before they wear us out.

See i'm thinking that either the 16th (not eve) or the eves of the 17th or ideally 18th would be good for me.. otherwise I'll be heading back to chicago for the most part. If I'm taking the time alone it would be 10-15 min, but hopefully would be able to fine somene to share some time to work on some other things together and independantly.

I've been (over) planning this thing for months, at this point the best I can do for you is recommend good coaches (already posted) and let you in if someone in my group breaks an ankle, gets sick, is a 'no-show' or decides they requested too much time. Send the note, our only overlap is day one (18th) so unlikely anyone will wuss out the first day. But it doesn't hurt just in case.

What, isn't one team, 10 individuals and 2 kids enough to keep you guys busy? It's a bitch to schedule and still get it so people are sharing as much as they think they should/can

Well I normally would never take on MORE work during a camp. In this case it is two females and they have been refered by a friend to me. I work VERY hard to get anyone refered to me taken care of....I once drove to the tunnel to coach for 15 min at the request of a DZ.commer.

That being said....

That's it, our mission is to wear out the coaches before they wear us out.

Bring the pain.....Lets see....List of coaches

Chromy...Hell that guy LIVES in the tunnel, good luck wearing him out.

Steve Hamilton...Yeah, I see him having a problem;)

Me....Well You *might* get me....I have only done about ~9 hours (Mojo camp, two SOCOM camps, and a couple of "play" sessions) since Jan 1...So you might be able to wear me out....

Wanna bet a beer?;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Mentioned it in another post. If you are having trouble with getting a coach, the DaneZ have a tunnelcamp during that period and may be able to do coaching.
Otherwise the SkyVenture staff can surely help you! They will know who is available.

rehmwa and Ron, I cant believe you would turn down coaching. There is 24 hours a day and sleep is really overestimated :P j/k

Edit to ad the email of DaneZ, the danish national team.
Jess Roemer [email protected]

rehmwa and Ron, I cant believe you would turn down coaching. There is 24 hours a day and sleep is really overestimated :P

I will gladly do coaching. The problem is, I'm more in the category of needing the coaching rather than giving the coaching. That said, a couple of us will give Ron and co a rest by laying base for each other after the initial stuff. And once we go to 4-way drills on the team the coaches will get to rotate out a bit so the whole team gets in a drill with each other rather mixed with coaches.

Ron - I'll bet you a beer - pushing drills and then block 7 til you drop. I'll just buy the beer up front to make it easier as I suspect you'll win this one.

Mentioned it in another post. If you are having trouble with getting a coach, the DaneZ have a tunnelcamp during that period and may be able to do coaching.
Otherwise the SkyVenture staff can surely help you! They will know who is available.

That camp is already being coached...

Chromy, Steve Hamilton, and I are the three coaches.

Rehmwa is my victum......;)

rehmwa and Ron, I cant believe you would turn down coaching.

I never turn down coaching...But this camp I am the coach, not the coachie. :P

In this camp we have three coaches and 12 hours of time....I suspect the coaches will fly about 4 hours a piece as we will be doing two ways and maybe some two on two.

Plus, Rehm and I have a betB|

Ron - I'll bet you a beer - pushing drills and then block 7 til you drop

Nah, I got the drill...You'll love it.

Its the mack daddy of all drills.

90-180-270-360-540, Comp-comp, Buddies-Other Buddies, Vertical hop to star, Slide-180.

You'll love it!

That camp is already being coached...
Chromy, Steve Hamilton, and I are the three coaches.

Yes Ron but the guy who started the thread needs coaching, and so does srinard, - or at least that was how I read it :P

I never turn down coaching...But this camp I am the coach, not the coachie.

Figured that much! ;)

And rehm: Go easy on Steve, I will need him to be in good condition when we arrive some weeks later! :S:D

Yes Ron but the guy who started the thread needs coaching, and so does srinard, - or at least that was how I read it

OH, sorry...I thought I just communicated really badly..(I have been known to do that)

I am really looking forward to meeting Rehm...And kicking his ass;)

There is beer on the line, and that makes this serious shit.:)

Figured that much!

I love working with the Chromdog. And Steve is one of the best folks around. I am looking forward to working with him.

1 - Ron thinks the camp is 12 hours - that's funny- we have 23 hours reserved over 3 days........Ron - Let me know what you think of the scheduling - 1 on 1, 2 on 2 rotating is likely correct and emplasizes my green team and maybe the others with more personal coach attention. Chromdawg has it for approval right now, I did my best to balance the days. The green team will do a lot in the tunnel sans coaching presence, but I really like the whole 2 coaches with two teammates, the the same drill with the other 2 teammates (coaches switch slots), then finish the drill with the 4 teammates while the coaches rest. I suspect a lot of block training is not the blocks themselves, but three ways with pieces partners and the coach too. It'll be great.

2 - I'll try to remember that drill, but I wasn't looking for the mental exhaustion component, just the fast out of breath fun drills. But I'll start creeping it tonight. (God I need to get into the sky - stupid snow). I like each of the drills, this just stacks 4 of them into one drill - with the student doing most of the work I might add. We'll see about that. If I really stink at it then Ron will have to work.

3 - Steve doesn't need anyone taking it easy on him. Last year he did much of his tunnel drills with a team and flew the entire time with one hand behind his back. the guy is phenominal and a great coach. He did his player coach training in between working a camp we had last year with 9 people.

1 - Ron thinks the camp is 12 hours - that's interesting- we have 23 hours reserved over 3 days........

Oh, uh....Damn, thats gonna hurt. Maybe I should just buy you a beer?:o

2 - I'll try to remember that drill, but I wasn't looking for the mental exhaustion component, just the fast out of breath fun drills

Its both fast AND mentally hard...

Oh, uh....Damn, thats gonna hurt. Maybe I should just buy you a beer?:o...

Not a chance, I'll being buying the beer and much of the water and food during the day too. You guys will earn it, believe me. Also, for off time, a couple of us can come in and lay base for the newbies if the coaches want us to. Think Friday afternoon if needed.

It depends, what do you want to work on flat flying, free flying, or both?

With your ~2.5 hours of air time you could probably still learn alot from just the instructors or if you wanted more, a personalized brief and debrief you could get the tunnel instuctor coaching package that costs a little bit more than just block time.

You should schedule your time now though, the tunnel busy, you can alway hire a coach to work with you after have some time scheduled.

Just two cents from a poor 4 hour bunny ;)

Cheers

was looking for a 10, 15 or 20 min slot.

first time in the tunnel so i thought I would get used to belly for a min or so and then backflying. Ideally I would like to work on my sit fly so it helps me in the air

I will probable have a 10 minute block on weds 16 or could make it thur 17, we could take a half hour if you wanted to get a 20 minute block. Or, I might be able to extend mine to a 15min.

I've been working on belly, back and sit flying too, and relying on just the tunnel instructors. Usually a ten min block with 2 mins at a shot, some times 2.5mins depending on how many people are in that session.

The first turn I do RW drills, then work on back/sit for the rest. They like to see that you have some ability to back fly before they let try sit flying. Sit flying is harder in the tunnel because the air speed is lower than in the sky. I'm still have trouble geting controlled lift in sit after 10mins or so.

Each instructor want you to do things a little different. That's the only down side to relying on them, some times you have to put up with being re-instructed by each one. Then again, sometimes it good to have more than one teacher because one might have the answer to your difficulty.

Cheers