INSANEDADDY

Houston, Beltway 8 and Cullen

Does anyone have info on this tunnel? My brother was passing by today and called me to tell me about it. I am guessing its the mobile tunnel from Conroe.

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Yes, that is the same tunnel, a portable with wall to wall air. The are currently operational, the speeds are fast. This is the tunnel that we brought to the 2004 World Free Fall Convention. Also, speeds in the 130mph range, and although prop driven and therefore not smooth air, it's sufficient for 2 way rw & freeflying, and the column is quite solid.
What else would you like to know?

hey! i have a few qs for ya......
does this mean you're only open on weekends? every weekend?
when do you open?
i assume you are open until sundown, correct? (5ish?)
just making sure, are you at the new location now? (beltway 8 @ cullen) because somebody else said conroe. well, i mapped the beltway @ cullen and it's not at all where i was picturing in my head. is the star on my map correct? (mapquest isn't always right)
also, are tighty whities optional?:P
edit: forgot the map
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

HEY DAWN!

I have a couple of questions for ya. has Roger built any more tunnels since this one or has he hung it up?
Is the tunnel in vegas on the strip or how close is it to it? We are going there next month and both of us want to play in it to add the 4th tunnel to our list.

Any rumors out there of a tunnel coming back closer Indianapolis or chicago area?
Us stuck in the midwest need a tunnel back here in Indiana closer to Indianapolis and Chicago. An L-1 would be a dream!
I miss flying the purple monster tunnel and hanging out with roger when it was in Indiana.

D

Hey!

Way to hijack a thread!!;)
but since this thread is about the purple monster I suppose it'll pass the muster!

No more from Roger right now, he's sorting out the legal aspects of the design, etc. Actually he may be here on Tuesday for a visit!

Flyaway is just off the strip on Convention Center Drive near Circus Circus, you'll have no problems, and tell the manager Keith that you know me, he'll take great care of you. Good thing to get in there before they close down, those final details haven't been decided but alas, it's likely on the horizon.

We're considering bringin this thing back up for Rantoul '05, but not sure yet, talking with some folks who might like to rent it for a couple of years.. so ya never know with these things! As far as a permanent facility it won't be long before the greater Chicagoland area see's it's own top notch wind tunnel!

Let me know if/when your headed down this way, we'll take you ourselves of course!

:P

Dawn,

I came across this pic a few weeks back thought you would get a kick out of it. This was either the first or second time I was ever in a tunnel. John's football helmet still cracks me up! As you cann see it was early in the life of the purple monster!. I will check on the vegas thing when we go out i had not heard it was closing.

Blues!
D