GQ_jumper

colorado tunnel

according to the skyventure site the tunnel in colorado should be well underway. is there anyone out there that can give me details on the exact opening date, or where exactly its going to be. i know its supposed to be south of denver but that doesn't tell me a whole lot.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I E-mailed the address on the www.skyventurecolorado.com website the same question a month ago. I got a reply from Norm and was put on the mailing list... I won't post the reply here, because I don’t have his permission to post... The basic info I got was identical to the copy of the web page text I posted below, but he did have a "target date" for groundbreaking and grand opening that was a little more specific, but in the same ball park...

Location... This is from the public Skyventure corporate website: (LoneTree would make it by Park Meadows Mall at I-25 and C470.)

SkyVenture Colorado is a state-of-the-art 12 foot, recirculating 1200 HP wind tunnel. It will be located in Lone Tree, Colorado just south of Denver. SkyVenture Colorado, LLC has purchased the land, received all land use approvals, and is about to receive its building permits. SkyVenture, LLC is currently fabricating the tunnel equipment at various manufacturing facilities across the US. SkyVenture Colorado is scheduled to open in late Summer 2005. It will serve entertainment customers, skydivers and the military. Their Mission is "to provide an unforgettably awesome experience to our customers, and a destination attraction to our hosts."

I've talked with Norm and things are in the works. It takes a lot of work and money to get the tunnel going. Fear not, you will know when things are moving, as there will be tons of information out there.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

has anybody heard anything about the progress on the tunnel? i know the groundbreaking should have been a month ago. just wondering if anyone has heard something new from Norm or anyone else that they could pass on.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

i know the groundbreaking should have been a month ago.

I don't mean to be a smart ass, but of all the tunnels that have been built, did any of them stay on the schedule they wanted to?

There is a lot that goes into having a tunnel built. More then the Average Joe knows.

I’m sure once Norm wants the public to know what is going on, you won’t miss the announcements.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

i know how it goes, people have been saying the tunnel was supposed to be going up in colorado for a while now. Norm just seemed a little more confident about it happening this time
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Norm just seemed a little more confident about it happening this time

Norm is confident because it will happen:)