podl01

Tracksuit for the tunnel?

Hi there,

I have never jumped a tunnel so far but I'm wondering if a tracksuit can be of use for "tunnel-jumpers" also. From skydiving experience with the PRESSURIZED tracksuit I can say that the fallrate is very low, also in a "box-position" with zero horizontal speed. And it is very stable. I guess a third of the tunnel-airspeed will already let you float. ;)

what do you think?
andreas

www.pressurized.at

Not sure a total waste.... Not that I personally would want a large suit (in fact that would probably irretate me to death in the tunnel) but for a beginner a larger suit does add a comfort / stability factor.

Would recommend any first time flyer wear something bigger - so nice if you can find something that is bigger but in the right places and away from face etc... (rather than just bigger all over)

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

but for a beginner a larger suit does add a comfort / stability factor.

Would recommend any first time flyer wear something bigger

Agreed, and I'd assume most tunnels offer their wuffo students suits like that to wear. For the beginer it does make the flight experience easier. For those skydivers refining their skills I recomend what they skydive in with the exception of 2 piece freefly suits.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

...I try hard with marketing ;)

seriously, I didn't know that there are highspeed and lowspeed tunnels- and that baggy jumpsuits are for old-schoolers.

since tunnel flying is a pretty expensive way of skydiving I just thought if the energy costs would be much lower (because of very low airspeed) the jumptickets could be less expensive also? Just a thought...

thnxs!
andreas

since tunnel flying is a pretty expensive way of skydiving

Depends on your view of expensive :P lol

Joking aside, for a 4-way team sharing the time.... they could be flying for as little as £2 a min or less! so from a comparison to jumps - its quite a cheap way of doing it!

As for power consumption, for me it would be great if jumpers held umbrella's and helium ballons in the tunnel - but I guess they wouldnt like it much! (as a flyer neither would I!)

As I said, for newbies - looks ideal.... especially if the clothing looks good.... nothing worse than being a beginner and being made to look bad! :D

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

I have a lot of hours in the tunnel (Orlando) and am practicing belly to back 1/2 flips (and vice versa). I was having a hard time so I thought "oh I'll just use a bigger suit" - BAD IDEA! That super puffy suit made every little adjustment I did WAY over the top and it felt like I forgot how to fly. Needless to say when I'd botch the last 1/2 of the flip onto my back I'd go driving into the wall or be flipped back over to standing or belly. Nevermind trying to walk around! I certainly am going back to my well fitting suit.

podl01

Hi there,

I have never jumped a tunnel so far but I'm wondering if a tracksuit can be of use for "tunnel-jumpers" also. From skydiving experience with the PRESSURIZED tracksuit I can say that the fallrate is very low, also in a "box-position" with zero horizontal speed. And it is very stable. I guess a third of the tunnel-airspeed will already let you float. ;)

what do you think?
andreas

www.pressurized.at

weird bro, unless i was flying my tube3 super steep and super fast, i was fucking ALL over the place, mostly spinning uncontrollably on the yaw axis. theres no way in hell i could fly that thing in a box position or id be everywhere.

my sumo, now thats a horse of a different color, and quite a vibrant one at that.
gravity brings me down.........

You doing it the other way around!!! ;)

When you are riding the rodeo bull on a tube 3 the sure fire way to stop the mambo is to get in box position. Nice and stable.

Anyway, probably Andi is talking about the Tube4 which is a different beast altogether, or maybe he is thinking about a tunnel specific suit?.

GoneCodFishing

Anyway, probably Andi is talking about the Tube4 which is a different beast altogether, or maybe he is thinking about a tunnel specific suit?.

I believe he is talking about the Tube (1).
The thread is ~9 years old ;)