airborne82nd

Do I need two suits a tunnel and ff suit?????????

i plan on buying a new Freefly suit measured up ect..

can i wear that suit in the tunnel??? some one told me that i would need to purchase a seperate tunnel suit also

Now i have a tony rw suit and i fly that in the tunnel and in the sky feels same minus rig ect....

so i want to fly in the tunnell and train to freefly in the sky do i need two seperate suits?? and why???

thank you

Chris

You do not "need" a different suit to fly in any decent tunnel. An option you might want to consider when you buy a freefly suit though is a "tunnel flap". Ouragan has that option and I have it on my suit. It's a full-length flap secured with velcro which covers your front zipper in it's entirety. There is absolutely no possibility of your zipper coming undone and corking you out with this option.

Chuck

You can wear whatever you want but...
A skinny woman may be able to wear something skin tight and still fly. For big people, I've heard cordura recommended for extra drag and really baggy suits. In the sky, you just go faster; in the tunnel, some extra drag could make a difference.
How slow can you go?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

A friend of mine who has a two piece suit constantly wears it in the tunnel with no problems. He just sewed some velcro on the suit to velcro the top inside the pants to prevent it from flying up. Works great.

You know, i'm contemplating that. But, then in the summer when I don't wear the top and just jump in a tank or slim shirt the velcro might be annoying. If you do it, definitely put the rougher part on the shirt.

I have an ouragan suit and the top tucks in really nicely and it is made extra long so it won't come out. I have never had a problem in freefall, but it did come up in the tunnel! Thankfully I was wearing so many layers that no one got a show:P

-A

My Bev suit came unzipped once in the tunnel. I had been doing about 40 mins of RW flying and flew on my back/kneeflew for my last rotation. boxman cued me to drop a leg into a stag position and down went the zipper! :$:o

teehee. moral of the story: don't wear a little tank top under your jumpsuit. :D

i would not recommend a 2 piece suit because the top WILL fly up. the guys will probably tell you to wear a 2-piece. ;)

arlo

No doubt!

Most of the time I wear a pair of swoop shorts and long sleeve t-shirt to freefly in too, I assume that the t-shirt would most likely come untucked too?

Someones idea of velcroing the two piece together sounds like a good idea too. I may have to look into that.B|B|