packing_jarrett

I heard...

Perris SkyVenture has a limit of greater than 40lbs and usually 5 years old.

There was a 3 year old in the Perris tunnel and a pic posted in the bonfire. 3 is also the guideline for Orlando I believe. It better be, on Sat I'll have a 3 year old in there!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Awareness is key to a productive session. A kid who likes to just flop around will have fun, but never get any closer to being able to fly on their own. To have a chance at moving on to being closely supervised vs. tightly held on to, a child needs to demonstrate some level of awareness that their movements have consequences (even if he or she doesn't understand what those consequences are).
Don't Confuse Me With My Own Words

To have a chance at moving on to being closely supervised vs. tightly held on to, a child needs to demonstrate some level of awareness that their movements have consequences

Does that go for adults too?:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

skyventure orlando allows kids around 3 and up. there have been kids younger than that (but they were relatives of coworkers). the limiting factors are:

1) will the kid freak out with the loud noise?

2) are they potty trained?

if they're good with both, then they can fly. :)

arlo

He is not 40 lbs he is about 30 lbs. or so.
When we took him over to the tunnel at Perris to see when he could fly they said if he met the height restriction (a mark on the wall) that he could fly. He is a solid kid, some three year olds are pretty small/petite kids.
We took him up to watch them fly in the tunnel and he said he wanted to do it and they got him in for 2 minutes.
The only thing he did not like was the noise, he doesn't want to go back until he is older because of the noise. As he put it "He want's his ears to be older."

I heard that you didn't need to be a certain age to do the wind tunnel. I'd like to know where the closest one to me is.

Every wind tunnel has it's restrictions, but most will let a 3+ y/o fly providing that the noise doesn't bother them and they WANT to fly.

The closest wind tunnel to you is going to be Vertical Velocity, a small outdoor tunnel, not a bad experience for kids too. It's very powerful but small and a harness is required for first timers during flight. Still a fun experience, but not the place for major training.
http://www.bodyflight.net/vertical_velocity.html

I have no idea what is normal:S. I have no doubt she is beautiful;) Seeing as I am kid-less and have no reference point except for my bad memory. Thanks for the info. now I'll be more confident when people ask if their kid is old enough or weighs enough.

No harm intended by my comment, ignorance really:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I have no idea what is normal either! She hovered at about 28 pound for a year, and I just stuck her on the scale and she was just under 40!

I thought I was just getting weaker! But apparently she really was getting heavier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!