Paige

Taking Grips In A Sit

I've been working on grips in the tunnel and have seemed to hit a wall, no pun intended :(. I have a feeling that the grips are a little more difficult due to my broken hip not having the strength it should to help me catch air. I broke my left hip and have only been able to take grips with my right hand. My left leg has to stay straight because the wind resistance is too much to try and bend my left knee/leg/hip and use that as leverage for the grip. If that makes any sense, does anyone out there have any tips or tricks that worked for you while progressing through grips in a sit in the tunnel??????

A million thanks :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

The key to taking grips in the tunnel is to bring your legs a little wider and then think about trying to move forward. Presenting as sit position grip will want to try and move you backwards and down. Bring your other arm behind you and present the grip with your elbow down. Practice flying up off the net while in the "grip" position. Pretty soon, it will come very naturally. Good luck,

Matt

I tend to fly with my legs alot, so I completely understand your problem. I'm not sure what kind of range of motion you can get, but thouroughly stretching is always a good thing before flying. If the hip really is a limit, then you're going to need to transfer the lift you would have been getting from your leg out to other parts of your body. Make sure your non-grip hand is not out to the side. Stay balanced. Get your back working more as it is very powerful. By keeping your head back and cupping air with your back, you may find all the lift you need from that. If your right arm is your strongest docking arm, then try learning to dock with less leg compensation with that one, and then use what you learned by applying that same feeling to your left side. Good luck!
Don't Confuse Me With My Own Words

You're most certainly welcome. B|;)

I just showed the vid from last night to some folks here in ice-bound KY. The word 'robotic' didn't come up at all, but 'flying ballerina' certainly did. And JACKASS of course with reference to me...

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I just showed the vid from last night to some folks here in ice-bound KY. The word 'robotic' didn't come up at all, but 'flying ballerina' certainly did. And JACKASS of course with reference to me...

:)

Well, I'm glad the ballet lessions paid off from when I was 4 or so:D Come on, me graceful now?!?!?:D:D

It's freaking ice bound and blizzard bound (soon)here in Ohio too:S. I think my flight was one of the last ones to make it in. After that it was more ice rain and snow. I wanna be back in FL already.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Thanks Rosa, you are a doll:)
Instead of Midnight Madness maybe we could call it Midget Madness:D:D (all though we aren't midgets its the only "M" word I can think of right now) or something way better:)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Thought of you, Ari, and our mutual red-headed friend when I saw the news and heard from my relatives in Dayton and Cincinnati. Holy shneikes!

Stay warm!

Midgets rule. SHORT POWER!
:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Midgets rule. SHORT POWER!
:P

Short people rock! We should get something together down here like the Midnight Madness thing. You gotta help me come up with a better name that Midget Madness. I'd hate to offend anyone, just need a catchy title for some laughs.

Hope you are doing well and staying warm. I think I'm getting what Ari had:( Hopefully, I'll be able to fly the time we have when I get back. I'm being good here by not drinking alcohol and eating minimal sweets.

Happy Holidays:)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com