Bodyflight.Net

How Many VWT's Have You Flown In?

I realize most everyone here is only a one tunnel flyer, but I still thought this might be interesting or even motivational!

Here's my list since I started (in order):

Powerflyte
Flyaway Indoor Skydiving Pigeon Forge
SkyVenture Orlando
Lifted Entertainment/formerly X-treme Air
Adren-L-N/formerly Jus' Fly
L1 at Appalachian Amusement Center

Fun Fact: There have been over 50 operational VWT's specifically for human flight since 1964 World Wide:)

Here's my list in order:

Mobile Aerodium - Vernon, NJ - an outdoor tunnel that I don't think is there anymore
Flyaway - Las Vegas
SkyVenture Orlando

The first two were before I started skydiving and even realized they were related so I don't really count them...
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

an outdoor tunnel that I don't think is there anymore

Scott's tunnel, at Action Park in Vernon, went down some years ago, but does still exist, only it's in storage. So many start, but never keep going :(

It's definitely a tough business!
In the first movie ' Body Flight' there is TONS of video from Action Park.. it was a cool looking tunnel for sure! Wish I had that one on MY list! [green with envy]

4 TUNNELS FOR ME! Jus fly when it was in Indiana, Fly away TN, Skyventure FL. Lifted entertainment at WFFC

Hey Dawn, is Roger still building tunnels with jus fly? I thought he was going to build more after he sold the purple monster to Texas or did he pack it in? Just curious if others of his creations were out there or soon to be?
Blue skies

I thought you were anti wind tunnels?

I never said I was anti-windtunnel... what I have a problem with is people pimping the wind tunnel to impressionable AFF students excessively. For instance, the post some time ago about the student that conviced him/herself they needed an HOUR of tunnel to be able to pass AFF because of bad body position. :S (Just to clarify, I am not talking about the recent Elsinore thread it was a different one.)

If you want to be a great skydiver, you might want to actually make some skydives too. ;) Learning mantis, centerpoint turns, etc can be done in the sky too after all. :)
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Let me pull out both hands for all ten fingers and count these up.... Lets see.... That would be a big-fat-zero... I wish that was a poll answer.... But, in a month and a half, it will be one... I am so looking forward to it.

In the first movie ' Body Flight' there is TONS of video from Action Park.. it was a cool looking tunnel for sure! Wish I had that one on MY list! [green with envy]

I think I was probably about 12 years old when I flew in that tunnel. I had no idea it had anything to do with skydiving, all I knew it it was fun!

Once the weather gets a bit warmer up north I'm going to try to make a tunnel trip and revisit the tunnels I've been to now that I know what they are as well as try to add some new ones to list. Tunnels are fun! :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com