Squeak

Tunnel coaches

Well I'm looking into booking a shared hour (with Cora) of coached tunnel time in Orlando. The coach that was recomended was Pete Aluum, he may not be able to make the nights I'm available so who else would you recomend for flat flying coaching
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It depends on what you are wanting to get from it. I can only go on what experience I have had.

Rusty Lewis is a tunnel instructor in Orlando he did 4hrs coaching with me and two mates last year and he was great - taught me loads of personal skills aswell as techniques that were useful for 4-way. Also got me freeflying in the tunnel which was amusing.

The other person who coached my 4-way team this year was Gary Smith who's based in Deland but at the tunnel all the time coaching, we did 3 hrs and again was great. This was more focused on flying the 4-way in the tunnel instead of the individual skills.

I have heard that Joey Jones is fantastic in there, but I cannot speak from experience as I have never used him myself.

Another option would be to ask Pete if there is anyone he would recommend to cover the evenings that way he can come up with a program with the other coach - this would probably give you more benefit as they would be able to work together.

Enjoy :)

Rusty Lewis is a tunnel instructor in Orlando he did 4hrs coaching with me and two mates last year and he was great - taught me loads of personal skills aswell as techniques that were useful for 4-way. Also got me freeflying in the tunnel which was amusing.

I agree that Rusty is a great coach and really nice guy too. Also talk to Needtojump, if he can't help he will definately know someone who will.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Since you are planning on jumping at z-hills anyway, I would recommend Sally Hathaway. That way you can do some tunnel time and maybe some jumps with her as well. Look me up when you gt to the hills and we can get you on some fun skydives. Cora knows where to find me,

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Since you are planning on jumping at z-hills anyway, I would recommend Sally Hathaway.

Hey I said that first!

Look me up when you gt to the hills and we can get you on some fun skydives. Cora knows where to find me,

Just look for the guy with the dinosaur on his, er, jumpsuit. :ph34r::D

Hope to see you Sunday Oren!

Didn't get a chance to. I was gone this past weekend to ZHills (and met the great Olaf and even hugged him B|). When I got home and onto a computer...this post was here.

Update - we've got Pete as our coach and will be playing.

Yeah - Another 1/2 hour in the tunnel. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Actually the dinosaur has been replaced by a sparkly pink heart. It works out well though, when I get excited you can feel my heart beat!

I won't be around this weekend. I am stuck in the frozen wasteland known as new jersey this weekend.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Pete is awesome you guys will have a great time and learn a ton.

Come play when you can...see you soon!

-OK

Cool!!! B|

Will do. Stay warm!!!
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Actually the dinosaur has been replaced by a sparkly pink heart. It works out well though, when I get excited you can feel my heart beat!

:othat's scary Oren - I may have to re-think my plans of coming back. Although perhaps I'm just overrating myself into thinking you would get exited when you see me :|

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Pete is awesome you guys will have a great time and learn a ton.

Come play when you can...see you soon!

-OK

Cool!!! B|

Will do. Stay warm!!!

0930 in the Fuggin morning, man that's WAAY too early to be thinking seriously:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Cora do you have a place to stay yet?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What are you talking about? 0930 is late. :P

I've got a ton of places to stay. Just have to figure out when I'm coming in on Thursday to see if I'm going to stay with friends in Tampa, Lakeland, or Dade City, or get a hotel by the tunnel.

You know where you're staying?

I get to tunnel with Olaf in March. :)

This new forum is just making my mouth water for the tunnel time i have in january. 1 hour camp with Kyle and Jon.... Its going to be fun....
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I've watched Pete, Olaf, Joey, Rusty and a bunch of the airspeed guys coaching. I have yet to see Eleana working :) Prehaps a better question than who's the best, is who your going to be most comfortable with. All these people are among the best, although their personalities are quite different. It might be to your advantage, if you could meet them first, see 'em in action and then decide who you want for a coach.

I've watched Pete, Olaf, Joey, Rusty and a bunch of the airspeed guys coaching. I have yet to see Eleana working :)

If you have the time and money to spend, the Airspeed camps are a great investment to greatly further your skills in RW, esp. for 4-way. Here are pictures and comments from my first time receiving tunnel coaching in this LINK. Btw, yes, Eliana is a WONDERFUL instructor.

Tht said, there are MANY other wonderful coaches, like Rusty (amazing flyer in both RW, FF & so much fun), Olaf, etc., all with different teaching personalities and coaching styles. I've found that it's a good idea to choose a coach or camp based on recommendations from fellow skydivers whom you trust, and who know you and your flying style. It's best if the coach or instructor also personally knows your flying style and skill acceleration abilities. Also, any regular tunnel coach that is recommended by the Skyventure employees is simply GOLDEN.

:)