Spike

Genting Skyventure wind tunnel Malaysia

I'm planning on visiting the Genting Skyventure wind tunnel on my way out to the Equinox boogie in October. I'm looking on advice/opinions on :-

What the genting tunnel is like? I've flown in Orlando and Paris and prefer Orlando.

What is the easiest way to get from KUL/Sebang to the tunnel?
How much did the transfer cost?
How long does it take to get from the airport to Genting?
Is it run the same as at Orlando, ie they give you specific times to fit your sessions in? or is it like Paris, you turn up at 9am and hang around till they call you, random like?
Are the prices on the genting website still correct and how much time does RM50 buy you?

Anyone else going to be at the tunnel on the 15-18 October?

So many questions...

tia :)

From the KLIA Airport, take the ERL express train to the city. That should cost you RM$35 one way and get you in town within 28 minutes.

Then you can take a taxi from there. Or you could ask what is the direct bus from KLIA to Genting.

From the airport to Genting will take about 2.5 hours.

You can just walk in an fly. They open from 10am until 9pm.

RM$50 gets you 2 minutes. You have to buy in 2 minute blocks.

Hope that helps. :)
Matthew
www.motavi.com

Its not as strong as Orlando, but you can still have a heck load of fun.

We were doing 3 -ways and 4-ways in there over x-mas and a little bit of sit, but its not the greatest for ff.

DON'T take the cable car up!!!!
Taxi's fine and relatively cheap, the bus up is bloomin' scary!!

Have fun, mention you're a skydiver and they'll usually be a little generous on the time...;)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the advice, I'm looking at working on my flattie turns, especially putting some work in on the knees, so I think it'll be cool.

Whats wrong with the cable car?

Are you going to be out at the Equinox boogie?

C:)

At this stage it looks like I'll be there.
E-M me closer to the dat if you're coming!;)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

I just got back from KL Tower Base tour, but while there I stopped at this wind tunnel.

There were 9 of us and we each paid 180-190RM (55 USD)for 1:20 of time

It was a blast, can't really compare it to anything since the only other tunnel I was in was the tunnel at Fort Bragg.

.... not sure what to say but that I had fun orbiting, 2 way orbiting, revers orbiting facing the window, barrel rolls, burbble hopping. misc 2 ways... to much fun for 55 bucks.... I almost went back for more time the next day.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...