ParacleteAero

Would you use a wind tunnel in Raeford, North Carolina

It's in Western part of the state just off the interstate, near Cataloochi Ski Resort.
It IS NOT open yet, and there is no projected date for opening. This is the prototype facility and other's like it will be built. AT SOME POINT in the near future it will be operational to some degree which we have not decided on yet. We hope to initiate it's Grand Opening with a world wide audience and party!! It can accommodate several hundred. It was built to demonstrate that a wind tunnel can be efficient, safe and quiet all at the same time.

Sorry to double post, but there has not been any response in the three months since I last posted.

Is there any update available on when this tunnel will break ground, if it hasn't already? Also, who controls the hiring, the local site, or the corporate office?

Thanks,

Mike

Regarding the Skyventure Raeford tunnel, the subject of this thread, that rumor is far from true.

They have not broken ground on the Raeford tunnel, I am told because the crew is still finishing Eloy's tunnel, which is also behind schedule.

I have also heard that there are questions about the proposed site as Chuck mentioned above, but the "version" of that conversation I heard was not definitive.

The only thing "official" I have read is "Opening mid-2005."

The Bodyflight Tunnel (Appalachian Amusement Center) near Maggie Valley (Western NC) has been open for quite some time. I have not flown in it, so I can't answer your questions effectively. DO a search because there have been other threads in the forums about it.
Arrive Safely

John