kaiser

DZO to avoid working for

Personal issues with an DZO don't count.
Its the guys with a clapped out 182 and a couple of old tandem gear to look like the biggest drop zone in the region.Just some more info needs to be out there for the professional skydive instructor to avoid subpar outfits running cheap daily deals and waisting our time and money and use you.

kaiser

Personal issues with an DZO don't count.
Its the guys with a clapped out 182 and a couple of old tandem gear to look like the biggest drop zone in the region.Just some more info needs to be out there for the professional skydive instructor to avoid subpar outfits running cheap daily deals and waisting our time and money and use you.

One would hope that a "professional skydive instructor" would recognise "a clapped out 182" and "old tandem gear", don't you think?

:S

Erroll

***Personal issues with an DZO don't count.

One would hope that a "professional skydive instructor" would recognise "a clapped out 182" and "old tandem gear", don't you think?

:S

He probably just doesn't want to go find out for himself. :|

kaiser

Ok,great!!! looks like no one has the balls to step forward on this matter.

It's not that we don't have the balls, it's that we don't care. Get out and find out for yourself. That's what most of us did.

ETA: We also for the most part, try to avoid putting dirty laundry on the site. Sangiro doesn't like it as he has gotten calls from lawyers for certain individuals or dropzones because of comments made on here.

kaiser

Ok,great!!! looks like no one has the balls to step forward on this matter.

It's looking possible that DZOs should have a list of "skydiving professionals" to avoid hiring. I don't see any sign of your huge balls hanging out and naming names.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

JohnnyMarko

What's your full name? Ratings? Licenses numbers? Previous DZ's you've worked at?

Touche! This has ZERO to do with how big anyones balls are, this is a community/family and what your asking of us is, well wrong.

Good luck out there.

Community and family....exactly! and agree on all accounts.How can we improve our DZ work environments ? But can't clearly reach out to everyone that's part of this family without having to be concerned with (dirty laundry)

grimmie

When you get that list finished, let's work on a list of instructors DZOs should avoid hiring.

:D:D:D

There's enough BS behavior on both sides of the manifest counter to make quite a list. I've been lucky to never work at a DZ I hated, but then, I've always kept my day job. :)

Once you
Once youve been around the block a few times, it becomes easier to avoid the chaff. That being said, everyone brings happiness. Some by coming, other's by going. A big Red flag in my book has been places that hire every season. Clearly the last staff chose to not come back or weren't invited to. They hired the wrong people or didn't treat them rite. My experience has been more the latter and so I have skipped around a bit. Finally gave up and run my own place. Seems to be working well.....