Doug_Davis

FYI to DZO's

Doug_Davis

***What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Still alive and well.
But in this case the accused has had two accusations against him, both in public, from two different families, both with multiple witnesses. And I didnt "out" him, all I did was post a publicly available news article.

And he himself admitted in a text message with another member of the skydiving community, that has since been made public, that its okay because their havent been any accusations form within the skydiving community. So great, he's smart enough not to shit where he eats, that doesnt make it okay though.

I bring my two and a half year old daughter to the DZ with me. As I know there is no cure for pedophilia, I would want to know if this guy was there.

I applaud you for spending quality time with you daughter.

The fun jumpers , bucket list tandems out number the staff by at least 2 to 1, 5 to 1, 10 to 1. Pick a number. Are you going to do a background check on everyone at your dz.

Who is the responsible adult that looks after your priceless daughter when your doing your thing at the dz. Have you tried to get a responsible adult at the dz to watch after your daughter while your occupied enjoying yourself.

The dz is not a free daycare center. I've found little kids playing In the middle of the pea gravel pit, while a stack of accuracy jumpers was in the air.

A dude I knew Popped his cork when he found a unsupervised child messing with his expensive camera equipment, that he neatly put away in his camera bag, and found it scattered all over our packing mat. Lens caps removed etc etc.

The dude went after the kid.[:/]
Yikes I went into overdrive started yelling at the dude got between him and the kid. Told him to go to the Dzo and let them sort it out, but don't touch the kid or even yell at the child.

I'm sure your aware that dz is not kiddie safe.

Heaven forbid if your child gets injured at the dz because she was left unsupervised. After the Er visit, the Dr's may notify CPS, if they investigate how your child got
injured, and why, besides the trauma to your child you could be in trouble.

IMO if there are chomoes working at the dz. That's the least of your problems.
Your trying to be a good dad, but your not superman, and can't be every where at the same time. Think about it, be proactive just, like your trying to do with the kiddie fiddlers.

You do have other options besides the dz. You may not like them, but that's on you.

I'm not going to debate this with you. I done.

Have a happy, :)
One Jump Wonder

chuckakers

***What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He is...in a criminal court of law.

Didn't need it at the Salem witch trials, they confessed. Before they were burned at the stake. By the god squad.:S.
One Jump Wonder

Krip

******What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He is...in a criminal court of law.

Didn't need it at the Salem witch trials, they confessed. Before they were burned at the stake. By the god squad.:S.

I believe the god squad would just set them on fire right off the bat. If they died, they were innocent. Gotta love the self righteous, right ?
Life is short ... jump often.

jclalor

Drop zones are very scary places for children, I once lost my 4 year old for about 45 minutes, very scary. I eventually won her back and things worked out, but a very scary time.

"Won her back"? I don't get what you mean. Did she just get lost or was it something more sinister?

As for DZ's being scary, my experience was anything but. We literally raised two kids on the DZ every weekend and found it to be a very good thing. When they were little we would exchange sitting duties with other parents to ensure someone was always there to supervise, and once they were a bit older they became the sitters of other new or younger kids. Also, friends we could trust kept an eye on them just in case someone like the subject of this thread ended up on our DZ.

Having them in an adult environment matured them early and taught them what consequences area about.

It paid off. Both kids stayed out of trouble and are living their dreams, our daughter as a teacher and our son as a professional competitive skydiver.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX