Doug_Davis

FYI to DZO's

BowlingBall

Is this guy a skydiver?

A drop zone doesn't strike me as a good place for a flasher to find little girls. And skydiver chicks would kick his ass.

Tandem students sometimes bring children, fun jumpers sometimes bring children. Some are distracted enough by the jump and other stuff going on, tandems in particular, that they don't pay as much attention to their kids compared to normal. :|

Normally this is just a pain in the ass for the drop zone, run a muck children and all, but I could see this being a huge risk if you had a predator like this guy lurking around.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

normiss

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

That principle, along with serving your time and paying your debt seems to go completely out the window with these sort of crimes. It's not right, but putting children at risk is not right either. Do you have children?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Fully agreed and yes I do.

While it's not always pretty, law and rights should always be above public outcry.

I'm not going to defend any sexual crime nor the criminal, but we all have the right in a court of law to defend ourselves.
I just have trouble with all the added layers we are placing on people that make mistakes in life. More so when those mistakes have yet to be proven.

I only jumped in to respond to the comment that the dropzone doesn't appear to be high risk for kiddy touchers, I think that is wrong.

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, that being said I think a dzo or a parent at a drop zone would want to know that the a situation happened in the past for someone that got off on a technicality etc.

Are there false accusations of this sort of behavior, sure, I am sure there a case of false statements being made in divorce, or against a co-habitating male or female, motivated by a jealous ex.

But I don't see a likely scenario for a child to make a false accusation about a stranger exposing themselves to them in a public place.

Innocent in the eyes of the law, or reform in the eyes of the law, doesn't make a violent rapist, or a child molester, any less of a risk to people around them.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

normiss

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Still alive and well.
But in this case the accused has had two accusations against him, both in public, from two different families, both with multiple witnesses. And I didnt "out" him, all I did was post a publicly available news article.

And he himself admitted in a text message with another member of the skydiving community, that has since been made public, that its okay because their havent been any accusations form within the skydiving community. So great, he's smart enough not to shit where he eats, that doesnt make it okay though.

I bring my two and a half year old daughter to the DZ with me. As I know there is no cure for pedophilia, I would want to know if this guy was there.

douwanto

Like this one working for DC Skydiving Center in Warrenton Va.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=49506

Don't know the guy, or any of the details of any incident associated with what you are posting here (do you?)... and maybe this is a little Devils Advocate here, but as I click through your link, I find yes, a registered sex-offender here - apparently stemming from 3 counts of a single case-file adjudicated in 2006. That's 8 years ago that the case was tried & the final courts hearing/adjudication date affixed. Not necessarily the "offense" date either. But let's even just assume that the offense did occur in 2006, and "justice" in this case was in fact swift. (how often do we see that happen?) - and the courts adjudication & the offense all occurred the same calendar year - 2006.

Your posted offenders birthdate is listed as 1987. Makes him 19 years old at date of adjudication. Think he could have been maybe even younger (18 or 17) at time of "offense"? Now, take a look at the offense charged: "Having sex with a victim older than 12years old, but under the age of 16."

Do you know the facts of this case?
Have possibly perhaps a personal axe to grind regarding it?

Just asking, because JUST based upon what I've clicked-through to, that you've provided - although yes, enough to get a person listed on the sex-offenders registry ...I would not say is fully in of itself anywhere even near enough to blackball him from employment. Seriously. He would not be the 1st 18 year old convicted of "statutory rape" (as it is called in other jurisdictions) - and listed on the registry as a result for (what could have been) amounting to really only dating a 15 year old when he was 18. - Then having a parent or the later gilted victim/party herself upon break-up - later for nothing more than vendetta-sake, file charges. Can you say this did not happen here?

I'm not saying it did, and this is the case. I'm just saying (not the OP - the one now being also pointed to moved/residing in Warrenton, VA) - - - this, in of itself is certainly not enough to throw a tar & feather party over.

I personally even know of a case (no... not me! ...NOT why I am "going there"!!) but... Where the "couple" had dated for over a full year - with BOTH parents approval and blessings - - - fully openly... only well later, after they broke up, and the girl/parents found out, and did not like that just before they did break up, he also apparently "cheated on her" with the new girl he was going to - - that they decided to file charges. He was 18. She was 15. Turns out she had even been lying to him the entire time they dated, saying she was 16 too (she was a junior in HS, having skipped a year & he a senior) - and well, BAM... He is also now on the registry as well.

I could easily post up his flyer/card, without any additional color or background too (I most certainly will not though) - - - and without that little added detail, and how many would be publicly calling for LYNCHING in that case too?

Again - not saying that is the case here with your post... as clearly I don't KNOW.

Do you?

Please post up your added details here now then, if you do.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Agreed... no dog in the fight here, but I got curious...

looks like the relationship with the 15 year old was "consentual" (understanding that plenty of people feel at 15 year old can't adequately consent)?

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/11/news_pf/State/Youth_minister_accuse.shtml

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2008/09_10/2008_10_15_Weaver_MiamiArchdiocese.htm

The devil in those details:

"As part of his plea agreement with the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office, the judgment against Ricco was withheld by Circuit Judge William Thomas.

That means Ricco, a first-time offender, technically has no criminal record."

When 2016 rolls around, there's nothing to see here, clean record. Not a registered sex offender.

mereanarchy

yup, I saw that, part of the reason I wanted to post. There is always a deeper story...

15 and 18? Youthful indiscretion, especially if the girl consensually participated, as the attorney alleged.
13 (the age of the 2nd victim) and 18? Oh fuck no. I will crush your nuts with a hammer. I had some 18 year old high school senior and life guard at the local pool try that with my little sister when she was 13, asked her to sneak out of the house. I put the kid in the hospital. I was never arrested and charges were never filed.

Doug_Davis

***yup, I saw that, part of the reason I wanted to post. There is always a deeper story...

15 and 18? Youthful indiscretion, especially if the girl consensually participated, as the attorney alleged.
13 (the age of the 2nd victim) and 18? Oh fuck no. I will crush your nuts with a hammer. I had some 18 year old high school senior and life guard at the local pool try that with my little sister when she was 13, asked her to sneak out of the house. I put the kid in the hospital. I was never arrested and charges were never filed.

I don't see how its a good idea to publicly brag about getting away with felony assault just to get some Internet tough guy credits.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

He triedto entice your 13 year sister into sneaking out of the house but she refused because she is able to make a judgement call (ie she's not a guillable child)

And your response was to put him in hospital?

Doug_Davis

Because it happened 20+ years ago? I doubt Im on the FBI most wanted list. And just for the record in Florida it wouldnt have been felony assault, since the victim wasnt a minor, I didnt use a deadly weapon, nor did I have a prior conviction for battery or assault.