garos

beginning skydiving again

Hi everybody,

for personal reasons(moving abroad) I have to stop skydiving for a few years.
I have a B license now.
What happens if I want to begin skydiving again after approx. 3 or 5 years?
Do I have to make AFF and licenses again or a few jumps with an instructor is enough?

Thanks for your answer!

BR,
Garos

As a baseline of the minimum requirement, please refer to the Skydiver's Information Manual, Section 5-2B "Recurrency for Licensed Skydivers." Page 109 http://www.uspa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=sTcmVCy8xgc%3d

ETA: Than take everything you have Logbooks, licenses, etc. to the DZ in which you will do your training and discuss the matter with them.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I just did the same thing. I live and work in a country where skydiving just isn't a sport--yet. Fortunately I have a very generous vacation schedule so I decided to go back to the USA during my two months off, take an abbreviated FF course and jumped with two instructors--then one--then none. I got hooked again and ordered all new gear which I will pick up when I return again to the US in July. At that time I will have to re-current my license and I would do that even if it wasn't mandatory. Then--after that--I intend to jump my brains out for most of the summer with my new gear. Is the country you are going to a country where skydiving is a sport? If so, you could take your gear and jump there.

When you take time off, having a genuin skill can be seen with greater clearity, knowing were you need to go with skill and fun when you return has more to do with planning, making the effert to see werth in a thing like knowing the ufo is there is why you see it,, not because I was told, go to a wind tunnel, when you returne before you go to the dz, look in all direction , the uspa is not the faa,, never let someone else be your rigger,

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -