Deisel

Tandem Examiner Requirements

I've found a discrepancy in the IRM. The CE/IE proficiency card states regarding evaluation jumps that "at least 50 method specific required for each Instructor Examiner." But on page 150 it states in Section E, Paragraph 1, sub-para d. "Conducted at least 10 tandem evaluator jumps under the direct supervision of a Tandem IE."

Can anyone help clear this up for me? Thanks.

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

I'm not a Tandem I-E, just a C-E and S/L I-E
First thought, call USPA.
That said....
My take, the 10 "under direct supervision" would mean 10 with a tandem I-E as your passenger/candidate or flying along side as an observer, see definition of "direct supervision" in the back of the SIM, the other 40 with ratings candidates.
When in doubt, call Jim Crouch.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

Update for anyone interested: I just heard back from Jim Crouch. The USPA requirement for tandem examiners is 10 evaluator jumps. The change is reflected in the new 2014-15 IRM.

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.