baronn

THAT guy at the DZ......

baronn

We've all met this person....Hyper critical of everyone and constantly trying to talk over everyone else. Publicly bad mouthing other's in front of customers and anyone else in earshot. Can't talk enough about their own adventures and of course, how totally badass they were. Anyone else ever meet this guy?

Why, yes, yes I have...in here as a matter of fact.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

popsjumper

***We've all met this person....Hyper critical of everyone and constantly trying to talk over everyone else. Publicly bad mouthing other's in front of customers and anyone else in earshot. Can't talk enough about their own adventures and of course, how totally badass they were. Anyone else ever meet this guy?

Why, yes, yes I have...in here as a matter of fact.

banning, anyone!? :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I have been transformed into Bizzarro world. "That Guy" didn;t get his way and walked out in the middle of a busy weekend day. Plane was running and just got his panties in a twist and left. Don't worry. Not to be outdone, we now have "That Guy" 1 and now 2. #1 hasn't got a clue how to spot, so he has the students hooked up at 4k, door open and standing there waiting for the light even before 10k (we're going to 12.5). No looking, just bail out in an uncontrolled tumble when the light goes on and always has the drogue within 15 secs. to get stable. #2 can't get on the plane without any other rig than his micro Sigmas which he very considerately had all of us waiting for the packer to put together while the plane sat on the ground running even though there were 2 other packed rigs he could have used. And the owner tells me this guy is in charge around here now. Give me the bullet now please.....

Its that paid off monkeys from the matrix, slaps a new face on every time neo sends us a freebe. FUKIN jokers man nosht their everywhere, steeling ssns and trash senting chicks like a false god straight out stargate tv shows, its a fukin nightmare. Givem a real small parachute see what happens, sad part , just to make you feel bad, they might have been your student, or at one time cool, till the dark angle paidem a visit.

AaronComp

Its that paid off monkeys from the matrix, slaps a new face on every time neo sends us a freebe. FUKIN jokers man nosht their everywhere, steeling ssns and trash senting chicks like a false god straight out stargate tv shows, its a fukin nightmare. Givem a real small parachute see what happens, sad part , just to make you feel bad, they might have been your student, or at one time cool, till the dark angle paidem a visit.

AaronComp

GOD said "Thow shall not kill" I think that ment hes a vampire or something and he was trying to eat someone alive, B|

Umm.. what?

skygypsie

"He" sure makes his DZ rounds...he's here, in Wisconsin, too !
You don't even want to know how he recently got his Instructor's rating...same way his girl got her A, then B License & now going for Coach...scary :S

He got it the same way most people get it, he worked for it. Come to think of it that's how his girl got her licenses and coach rating.
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley

inkogneetow

***"He" sure makes his DZ rounds...he's here, in Wisconsin, too !
You don't even want to know how he recently got his Instructor's rating...same way his girl got her A, then B License & now going for Coach...scary :S

He got it the same way most people get it, he worked for it. Come to think of it that's how his girl got her licenses and coach rating.

I can't argue about him being "that guy" though.
"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley

JohnMitchell

He's sleeping with the course director??:o

Hi John

Dudes are from Venus women are from Mar's or the other way around:P

I'm confused are you implying that some peeps get the express ride to the top of the learning curve due to their gender or who they know. ?

I dont assume anything, maybe all genders are treated equally since their both paying the same amount of $$ for their training, jumps, coaches, and clases.

Do you know something the wuffos don't.
:)

R.
R
One Jump Wonder

JohnMitchell

I know a lot of things whuffos don't know.;)

Gender bias. I've seen it go both ways. You can remember the 60's and 70's when most women battled uphill for respect in the workplace and on the DZ. And we've seen the cute young thing thrown into jumps way beyond their ability.

Hi John

The female sweet young things had a bad rap because they were dieing at a higher rate than the dudes. The conclusion was Women didnt have the right
stuff. :S

Some of us knew better, to much to soon.B|

Remember the Politically in correct T shirts. "Just because I slept with you last
night doesnt mean I have to jump with you today". I you don't remember those I can understand that:ph34r: but there are plenty old farts that do.

A classic I recall was a very low timer posted on dz.com " I got my scr"Followed by her question "What is a scr"

There are some women on this websight like WMW, AJ, Old women 6 and many others that are the real deal. But since the tandems and AFF, even if a women doesn't want special treatment, shes going to get it.

Unless she makes it very clear, "beat the dogs back with a stick" if they have to.
And decline the special treatment because you want to do it on your own"

John I gotta go stuff like this is best discussed via PM, so we dont ruffle anyones feathers.

Be well, jump untill you puke.
Dont worry be happy.

R.

Just visited a dz yesterday that is full of these guys. Had one of these guys try to chastise me for a "low" turn. Didn't have the heart to put this guy in his place in front of his peers and tell this 100 jump wonder that I'm a full time instructor at another dz and that my 90 degree turn at 300 ft was any thing but low. As an s&ta I've never called anyone out I front of others, I've always pulled them aside and talked to them one on one and in most cases asked the person if they wanted to go make a jump with me afterwards (unless their actions required being grounded). I strongly believe the best way to correct a problem is to talk calmly about it with them and build comradery with them rather than screaming at them and embarrassing them. Nothing ruins a perfectly good day at the dz for me quicker than someone trying to belittle the people around them.

skydivecowboy

I strongly believe the best way to correct a problem is to talk calmly about it with them and build comradery with them rather than screaming at them and embarrassing them.

Yep, that's the essence of good leadership right there. I hope the many people you deal with will remember and emulate your example. B|