baronn

THAT guy at the DZ......

We've all met this person. Enough experience to know most of what they are doing but, not enough to know what they don't know. Hyper critical of everyone and constantly trying to talk over everyone else. Publicly bad mouthing other's in front of customers and anyone else in earshot. Can't talk enough about their own adventures and of course, how totally badass they were. Anyone else ever meet this guy?

There's one in every bar!! Generally those personality types belittle others in order to build a false sence of supererority. I call it the "Napoleon Syndrome" These people are also generally lonely and need more attention than us regular folks. I tend to listen, and retain nothing. And that's all I have to say about that. :)Best-
Richard

rwieder

There's one in every bar!! Generally those personality types belittle others in order to build a false sence of supererority. I call it the "Napoleon Syndrome" These people are also generally lonely and need more attention than us regular folks. I tend to listen, and retain nothing. And that's all I have to say about that. :)Best-
Richard

I'm sorry...were you saying something? :);)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

baronn

We've all met this person. Enough experience to know most of what they are doing but, not enough to know what they don't know. Hyper critical of everyone and constantly trying to talk over everyone else. Publicly bad mouthing other's in front of customers and anyone else in earshot. Can't talk enough about their own adventures and of course, how totally badass they were. Anyone else ever meet this guy?

Why you gotta call me out like that?:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Don't be sexist. It is sometimes that "gal".
What's even better is when they get instructional ratings.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

ufk22

Don't be sexist. It is sometimes that "gal".

interesting use of the word "get", it infers something other than "earn"

like mail order, buy, trade for beer, etc.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

billeisele

***Don't be sexist. It is sometimes that "gal".

You may infer, the statement can only imply.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

billeisele

***Don't be sexist. It is sometimes that "gal".

Work next to some of them... you'll see it......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We don't normally have that guy at my Dropzone. There are clicks of people but no one is That Guy. It's prolly me because I screw up everything I try and create. I find myself chasing formations a lot trying to get in! :)
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

skyjumpenfool

***In Texas, THAT guy gets a good talkin' to, usually behind the hangar by a few old-timers. After that he shuts up or moves on.

Done.

When am I allowed to return? :P

Any time you're ready to face the consequences. And put your tongue in your mouth. You look like a whuffo.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

What are you inferring that I am implying???
You can read in whatever you wish!
DocPop

******Don't be sexist. It is sometimes that "gal".

You may infer, the statement can only imply.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

Obviously referring to the inferring.
To reply to the imply would be talking to myself

airtwardo

******What are you inferring that I am implying???
You can read in whatever you wish!

;)

Are you replying to the inferring or the implying?

:)

chuckakers

In Texas, THAT guy gets a good talkin' to, usually behind the hangar by a few old-timers. After that he shuts up or moves on.

Done.

I always figured it was the threat of violence that scared people off.

The talking to I received was that they all wanted to blow me in hope to gain some of my wisdom.:o

I'm still creeped out by that. But, It worked. I haven't been back since. I think I'm still slightly dehydrated.:D
My photos

My Videos

baronn

Isn't this an older Carley Simon song?

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I was just referring to the song, but now that you mention it????

[:/]

Actually on the DZ I'm a lot tamer than here. On DZ dot com this allows me to vent a little at your expense....:)
On the other hand, the other day, way too many more experienced jumpers, I really am a newbie,...Anyways

Were moving around in the aircraft a little too much for my personal comfort. Nothing like 20 or so people turning sideways and climbing over each other...

So I did in fact scream out "mandatory gear checks," In my best obnoxious know it all voice and to my surprise everyone did in fact act like a team and each and every one checked the crap out of each others rigs....

As a rule I don't bad mouth anyone, unless of course like in that movie: "Hey I didn't kill anyone that didn't deserve it." Was that the Kings of New York? Christopher Walken.?

The line that has the most impact for me is when the OP says "...but, not enough to know what they don't know...."

This is important.

And is something that needs to be encouraged because this is the stuff that when I, or anyone, makes a mistake, or perhaps better said is when my performance can benefite, or in my hast I have forgotten some importiant point you.... can be "THAT Guy" and keep me from harm...???

Thanks for the humbling and yet kind reminders...

C

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."