psychoswooper

Handi Cam AND top mount Go-Pro on Handicapped Tandem

Recently saw photos of a TM taking a paraplegic on Tandem. TM wore both Handi Cam and top center mounted Go-Pros even though there was outside video. I personally think the top-mount was insane, (having seen many Sky-hook deployed reserve videos) and even the Handi Cam was a bad idea but that's just me. Wondered what other (preferably Tm's) thought?
Note: the psgr used to jump and a group of highly skilled jumpers built a big round on the Tandem. Not sure but I think it was also the TMs 1st Handicapped passenger.

Like this (attached image)

On Topic: I personally can't stand handicam. So you can guess what my thoughts on TWO of them are.

WRT the quoted post: SUPERB, sir. I will now forever refer to that mounting style as the teletubby mount.

Elvisio "guffaws like this are why I hang on DZ.com" Rodriguez

I am really curious as to the people who voted "no problem" do you seriously not recognize any problem with having a nasty protruding line catcher on top of your head on a Tandem jump (regardless of the passenger)? And have you ever seen video of Tandem reserve deployments up close? Sometimes all kinds of stuff is swimming around up there. Do you think this is making the skydive "as safe as possible" for the passenger? Do you realize that Tandem pairs are sometimes not very stable during reserve deployments? Are you actually a TM? I really want to hear why you think it is not a problem.

I am really curious as to the people who voted "no problem" do you seriously not recognize any problem with having a nasty protruding line catcher on top of your head on a Tandem jump....

+1
It's the Mad Skillz, it hasn't happened yet syndrome.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I personally think the top-mount was insane, (having seen many Sky-hook deployed reserve videos)

I think a top-mounted camera on a TI is pointless. ATLEAST a handicam is designed to feature the passenger...who can't be seen in a top mounted camera. That said, I haven't heard of skyhook-deployed reserves with problems because of a gopro. Have there been?

I run handicam so normally I wouldn't have an issue with it. But with a handicap passenger (especially your first one ever) that's just adding too much complication.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

I am really curious as to the people who voted "no problem" do you seriously not recognize any problem with having a nasty protruding line catcher on top of your head on a Tandem jump (regardless of the passenger)? And have you ever seen video of Tandem reserve deployments up close? Sometimes all kinds of stuff is swimming around up there. Do you think this is making the skydive "as safe as possible" for the passenger? Do you realize that Tandem pairs are sometimes not very stable during reserve deployments? Are you actually a TM? I really want to hear why you think it is not a problem.

If the passenger was a student it was a little bit stupid and irresponsible.
If they're all big boys, they can make there own decisions o how much risk is ok.